Washington
Options

Need Venue Ideas?

Check out the replies to this thread to get an idea for some venues in your area, or add yours.
Pregnancy Ticker
2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books

Re: Need Venue Ideas?

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married in an airplane hanger that some family friends own. I don't have any pictures yet, but I've done soo many walk throughs and I know it'll be gorgeous. It's in Pasco, WA and they're not asking for any money, but we plan on "gifting" them money for it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Port of Bellingham Ferry Cruise Terminal.
    1,000 for the entire day  8am-midnight)
    or 100 an hour if someone doesn't need that much time. :)

We also were *this* close to choosing the Rosehill Community Center in Mukilteo which runs just about the same because it's also county owned.

Both have incredible views of the water and little restrictions. :)
    (Oh man an airplane hanger.. that is awesome. I tried to get Fi to agree to somethign like that since he is a Navy pilot, but he was like... eh.. that's work. ptshh.. whatevs.. :P )
  • Options
    sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Rosehill Community Center is beautiful.

Ceremony:
    Either the Environmental Services Building(can do ceremony and reception)- Pierce County weekends are around 1250- 1700 all day
    Or Central Meadows (also county owned)- $250.00 Deposit and $250.00 Rental Fee

Reception- Tacoma Yacht Club- Free for members (must purchase food).
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington_venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:633Discussion:219e3b9e-3934-4f0d-bf81-64306dd2b939Post:90ee2a74-45fe-4b10-903e-ce12cbf38a3b">Re: Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man an airplane hanger.. that is awesome. I tried to get Fi to agree to somethign like that since he is a Navy pilot, but he was like... eh.. that's work. ptshh.. whatevs.. :P
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

FI and I totally weren't even thinking about it and then his parents were like, "What about so and so's hanger?" I mentioned it to my planner and that was it. I had to be talked into it for a few weeks, but I'm soo happy with the choice. It's a beautiful space. I just didn't think of it that way to begin with. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony and reception will be at Leifer Manor in July 2012. 
    It runs 2800 for a 7 hour perior anytime timefram between noon and 10pm.
    It is an all outdoors venue, its a huge garden, and very beautiful with weeping willows and fountains and waterfalls. I cant wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

leifer is right down the street from my wedding planner/aunt's house. :) Great outdoor location for those garden-style brides. Also easy for guests to find since it's right off the freeway.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our venue is the EM Fine Art Gallery in Seattle. They are $1500 for an all day rental starting at noon. Open to outside anything; food, alcohol, dogs, kegs ect. The owners are awesome and its a really interesting venue!

http://www.emfineart.com/
  • Options
    stephbonthegostephbonthego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We found a darling bed & breakfast organic farm on Bainbridge Island. Holy Lane Gardens. The owner is super hospitable and talented! Paying a smidge over $1,500 for day of full-use of all 9 acres including a MIL cottage for bridal suite, a kitchenette rental ensuite for the gents to make ready in, plus use of all tables, chairs, tents, and some decor she has on hand. Oh! And a darling rustic barn just in case of rainy weather. We also will use the additional suites for overnighting - we will mini-moon in the MIL cottage and have special guests from out of state that will stay in the smaller one.
  • Options
    Fabi&NitaFabi&Nita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Moore Mansion in Pasco, the ceremony and reception will be outdoors. We love the place its so beautiful cant wait for out big day :) oh and its 5200 for a weekday and 5600 for a weekend i think. Our wedding will be on a Friday
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married June 2012 at The Grand Holiday Ballroom in Olympia, WA :)
  • Options
    enmouldenmould member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kitsap Memorial State Park in Poulsbo :)

$1,300 for the Log Hall, outdoor pavilion and "caterer's kitchen" area for the entire day from 10am-10pm. Fit perfect for our budget and the rustic feel we're aiming for. Plus we're finding some AMAZING vendors out on the peninsula, so happy with everyone we're working with out there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at The Majestic in Bellingham in March 2012. Beautiful indoor venue w/wood flooring, high ceilings, and plenty of space. Our biggest requirements were size (it seats 350 @ tables), and being able to bring in our own caterer (they have a nice little prep kitchen too). It's 1200 for all day (10am - midnight) and that includes their tables and chairs, a baby grand piano, use of their sound system, etc. We're so excited for our big day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are getting married at the Antheia Ballroom in Snohomish in April (6 months from today!).  It's very vintage-y, it was built in the 1920's, and used to be a church.  Hardwood floors, big windows, super-awesome chandeliers, a bitchin' bridal suite, a grooms suite, it's perfect!  $1700 for 8 hours, we're using it for our ceremony and reception.  Their max capacity is only 120 guests though, so if you're looking for a venue to accomodate lots and lots peeps, this isn't really it.  Since we're expecting a turnout of about 80-100 people, this is perfect for us (and, it's only 10 minutes from home so planning is really easy!)

www.antheiaballroom.com

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Highline Community College!!!
    Excellent prices and goregous view of water.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Where is this bed and breakfast, stephbonthego ?? Im interested!
  • Options
    We are getting married at the Edmonds Senior center. It isn't the most beautiful building but the veiw is amazing! It is reasonably priced and the people who work there will work with you on everything. Plus there is full kitchen included in the rental so you can do your own cooking.

Check it out
    http://edmondssc.org/rentals.htm
  • Options
    Check out Blue Ribbon Cooking - they operate 3 different really unqiue venues in the Seattle/Tacoma area.  They are great to work with and their all-inclusive approach is super affordable!  They are right now offering a 40% off special for all 2012 services and dates!!!  This makes them an acceptional deal! Check it out www.blueribboncooking.com
  • Options
    We will be married at the Redhook Brewery on 06/07/2013 in Woodinville! Our ceremony will be outside in The Bowl and reception will be inside in The Weathman's Room and we couldn't be more excited!!!
  • Options
    We are getting married at the Whidbey Wayfarer, beautiful outdoor venue, has a white wash barn with chandeliers, I fell in love immediately!
  • Options
    Rosehill Community Center in Mulkiteo, WA. Gorgeous views of the Puget Sound, and only $1600 for a 10 hour rental!
  • Options
    Rosehill Community Center in Mulkiteo, WA. Gorgeous views of the Puget Sound, and only $1600 for a 10 hour rental!
  • Options
    FI and I booked at Ray's Boathouse.  It's a beautiful view and the food (at the restaurant at least) was fabulous.  They've been great to work with so far.  We are just using them for the reception, so I don't know much about any ceremony details.  It was an $825 room charge for 5 hours of reception time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards