Washington
Options

Inexpensive outdoor wedding venues

I am in need of help!!  I have recently become engaged and we are looking to plan a small (50 people or less) wedding for August/September of 2011.  We are on a very limited budget around $2000.  We are hoping to find an outdoor venue that will allow us to self cater to save money.  The problem is we have just moved here and don't really know where to begin.  We are living up in the Lynnwood area  but willing to have the wedding/reception anywhere around the Seattle area.  Any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks in advanced :)

Re: Inexpensive outdoor wedding venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    S e w a r d  P a r k 5898 Lake Washington Blvd South Seattle, WA 98188
    This is where a friend of mine will be married this summer.  I'm not sure what the price was, but she just called and asked to reserve a picnic shelter-- she didn't say it was for a wedding because it won't have all the usual wedding stuff. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're renting a vacation house! People have nice houses with gigantic landscaped backyards with huge kitchens to rent. When you're emailing with owners makes sure you tell them you plan on having a small wedding there. Some are okay with it some are not. We found ours at vrbo.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington_inexpensive-outdoor-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:633Discussion:2e4701a4-15de-4da3-a056-d79768971472Post:8aaf2726-6208-4f5c-b0d3-846118a5a543">Re: Inexpensive outdoor wedding venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're renting a vacation house! People have nice houses with gigantic landscaped backyards with huge kitchens to rent. When you're emailing with owners makes sure you tell them you plan on having a small wedding there. Some are okay with it some are not. We found ours at vrbo.com
    Posted by emilylovesisaac[/QUOTE]

That is an awesome idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ghbrideghbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    marquita06marquita06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to the Washington State Parks website.  You can find parks around the Seattle area that are available for fractions of the cost of a wedding venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    definitely check the parks and recreation site. i found the evergreen arboretum through there, beautiful! and only 109. only 4 hours though..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards