Washington
Options

Seattle Aquarium Venue

Have any of you ladies gotten married or know someone who has gotten married at the Seattle Aquarieum? I saw a picture last night of a couple getting married last night behind a huge aquarium wall and i fell in love with the idea! If you have been married here can you please send me some pictures??!! The website doesnt have the best pictures so any would help!

Thank you ladies!

Re: Seattle Aquarium Venue

• Options
    ivygarlandivygarland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

They do rent it, although I don't know how much.  I also know of someone who did a flash mob style wedding there with less than 10 people.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I don't know what your budget is but the one thing I do know about the aquarium is that they have a $10,000 food & beverage minimum. So if that isn't in your budget, maybe it's worth it to you to pay admission to stop in for pictures? Or, you could do engagement pictures there.

Or, if you were willing to travel a little you can do it at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma and I think that would be cheaper.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    flippinsweetflippinsweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP - it's pricey!!! if you are after the aqurium feel, check out point defiance zoo and aquarium.  the only bummer is that you can't have amplified sound, which while totally makes sense, i'd like to have a DJ and dance, etc.  Their catering company is very green and pretty affordable from what I've seen. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They reccently remodeled the interior and it is beyond beautiful!  The space is fully wired for sound and the space you would be using for a reception is right in front of a giant fish tank.   There is even a loft up above that functions as a cafe during the day that they are willing to transfor for something like cocktail hour.  The ceremony can be held out on the dock over the water with a beautiful veiw.   Very romantic,  and a very large space and guests are invited to wander through the auquarium etc, but it comes with  a heavy price tag for sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards