Washington

Any Spokane brides?

Just wondering if anyone from Spokane is out there?

Re: Any Spokane brides?

• alexandra87alexandra87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Spokane, in the valley.  Not sure how many other Spokane Brides there are though.
  • rachaeiourachaeiou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, we are few and far between around here! Do you know of any message boards that the brides from around here use?
  • nicola886nicola886 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Spokane... but yes, I think most of the brides on here are from the west side of the state.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Moses Lake. :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

So there are a few!

I just got married at the Davenport (thank you recession) and had the worst trouble finding stuff online for weddings in Spokane. Am I missing something? I feel like every other city in America has at least some coverage!

Anywho, born out of my extreme frustration, I started a blog for Spokane area brides, it's not much and it's just getting going. But it would be great to get feedback from you guys...at the risk of spamming...here is the address.

www.applebrides.com

Just thought I would share.

Has anyone been married at the Arbor Crest Winery? I'd love to do a review on it venue. Looks amazing!

• edited December 2011
    Here !  I am looking @ arbor crest next week
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So jealous! It looks amazing! You'll have to report back about what it's like.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Spokane-  we're getting married at the Bozarth Mansion next summer.  There really isn't a lot about Spokane weddings on the web-- nothing Spokane specific here on the Knot- good idea Rachaeiou!  
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Hopefully it works out.

I've heard a lot of great things about the Bozarth. I'd love to visit sometime.

What's it like price wise?

• KimhreesKimhrees member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just moved to Post Falls from Spokane but I am also getting married at The Davenport Hotel! On the 22nd...How was your wedding? Was it as great as you expected?!
  • edited December 2011
    the Bozarth ranges from 1000 for 6 hours to 1800 for 12 hours.  This includes full use of the mansion, courtyard, and grounds. You can use all of the tables and chairs as long as they are properly put away at the end of the night.   You can hire caterers and other vendors without restriction. 

It's great for a smaller budget and can accommodate 200 guests.  
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Kim on your wedding this month! So soon! My wedding was above what I thought it would be, seriously. I was worried  because the wedding planner at the Davenport had been a little distant in the weeks before the wedding, but when the day came she completely pulled through. She ran around like a chicken with her head cut off to get me everthing I needed. I did a review of my wedding at the Davenport on my blog if you want to check it out.

http://applebrides.com/2010/04/24/the-davenport-hotel-spokane-review/

Miss_Reed, thanks for the info on the Bozarth. I had no idea it was so reasonably priced, it looks so expensive...and awesome! Do they have a caterer?
  • edited December 2011
    Follow up on Arbor Crest...
    Nice for the price but not for me..
    So I am sorry that this is my first review I am posting but I have info on many locations.
    Arbor Crest was nice but the cerimony area was not for me. But 2500 is a good price for what you get I really liked the Vinyard Tent!!! Seats 150
  • edited December 2011
    I felt the same frustration planning my wedding on Green Bluff in Spokane and started a new wedding blog exclusively for Eastern Washington brides.  
    Take a peek & I'd love feedback!  
  • alexandra87alexandra87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington_spokane-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:633Discussion:6d48789d-5f17-4b21-b97b-7ee83cdfb601Post:149d7a8e-db87-44f2-a207-658fb9d81572">Re: Any Spokane brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Follow up on Arbor Crest... Nice for the price but not for me.. So I am sorry that this is my first review I am posting but I have info on many locations. Arbor Crest was nice but the cerimony area was not for me. But 2500 is a good price for what you get I really liked the Vinyard Tent!!! Seats 150
    Posted by HaileyBirdsall[/QUOTE]

I agree, it's nice but not for me, my aunt just got married there in July and because of the fire they had the reception in an outdoor tent type thing, there wasn't even sod under the whole tent! Dirt in certain areas, catering wasn't all that great for the price, and you have to use their catering I believe, it was nice for photos but not my style, not trying to make them sound all bad because its gorgeous just make sure you know what you're getting!
  • edited December 2011
    The Bozarth doesn't have an in-house caterer-- you can hire whomever you want, or self-cater like may family is going to.  

If you are looking for a full-service type wedding, the Bozarth isn't that kind of place.  you pretty much just rent the space and the chairs and tables--- all other services must be provided by other hired vendors or you can do them yourself. 

• edited December 2011
    I'm a recently engaged Spokane bride (yay!)  We're getting married May 28, 2011 at my home church, with reception at Barrister Winery downtown.  Like what was mentioned above, there don't seem to be a lot of resources for our area.  I just happened to find Barrister (and fall in love with it!) because my brother mentioned it after working a brief gig for them a few years ago.
    The blogs are a great idea!  I will be checking them out.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement ksheahan18 and welcome to the Spokane Knotties thread (I just officially named it that....)! I've heard the Barrister Winery is awesome, it seems to be sort of a buzz word in Spokane weddings at the moment!
  • edited December 2011
    I was beginning to think I was the only Spokane bride too! I've had such a hard time finding a reasonably priced venue. Both my fiance and I will just have finished college when we get married so we will (obviously) not have very much money to spend. I loved reading everyone's posts. Thanks!

I was really hoping to get married at St. Aloysius Church but neither my fiance or I are catholic. That was SUCH a bummer! That church is gorgeous!
  • edited December 2011
    Kaylee, don't get discouraged... you might have to look outside the box and do a little digging but I'm sure you'll find the perfect place.  
    My sister got married on the top of a parking garage... she works there and the owner let her have it for free.  
    Her wedding was featured on Style Me Pretty and I posted it on my blog:

My husband and I were married on Green Bluff at a place we loved... they'd never had a wedding there before and were willing to let us rent it for much less than a traditional venue.  All we had to do was ask.  
    So, if you find a place you like... don't be afraid to ask!  What have you got to lose?  Most people are so happy to help young couples in love.  :)

• edited December 2011
    Hi everyone. I am getting married at the Lincoln Center in February. Has anyone heard about it good or bad?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jessica! I had a friend get married at the Lincoln Center last fall, they had a stunning wedding. I think the place is very flexible with couples, which is pretty valuable if you ask me! I actually posted a review about the Lincoln Center a couple weeks ago if you want to check it out.

http://applebrides.com/2010/05/18/the-lincoln-center-review/
  • edited December 2011
    I think I went to high school with the groom in the parking garage wedding.  His bride was very creative!  Having tomato street do the catering is a good idea.  It would be yummy and budget-friendly.  
  • edited December 2011
    Wahoo!! Finally some Spokane brides!! I too have felt it very hard to find anything to do with our neck of the woods and planning. I'm also getting married at Bozarth next July. Thanks for starting the blog rachaeiou!!! Anyone have any tips on hair/nail salons, florists and actually any other tips would be swell. Congrats on the newly married brides and the brides yet to be married!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a Spokane bride too! We'll be getting married on Oct. 22, 2011 at the Davenport. I pretty much have everything planned already though :) Does anyone have any sample pics of other Davenport weddings? I'm looking for centerpiece ideas. Something simple...maybe floating blooms with small floating candles? Thanks!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Nab 85, I got married last year at the Davenport on October 24th! We are practically wedding twins! Which room are you getting married in? I had my ceremony in the Early Bird Room and reception in the Marie Antoinette room, it was so great!
  • edited December 2011
    So glad to find some other Spokane brides! Thanks for all the great comments, they're so helpful!

Does anyone have any advice about an officiant? I am Catholic and my fiance is Lutheran, but neither my priest nor his pastor is available. Any suggestions of where to start looking? Did anyone have a good experience with their officiant?
  • edited December 2011
    I too am a Spokane bride-to-be  :)  
    Does anyone have any information on Dance Street Ballroom?
  • edited December 2011
    wow i'm surprised there are people on here not from Seattle!! Seems to be the only thing I'm having any luck finding info on which is not helpful!

I don't have any info on Dance Street Ballroom but we're going to look at it on Monday so I will let you know what we find out. 
    And apparantly you can rent out the roof of the Spokesman Review building for only about 1000 and from the few pictures I saw it looked really nice to so we're going to go look at that Monday too!

But really I want an outdoor weddding! The more we talk about planning all this fancy rent out a place type stuff the more I want to just go rent out some spots at an awesome campground, go get married in the woods and then have a bbq style reception!!!! Anyone have any favorite campgrounds or parks that would be worth going to check out???

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards