Washington

San Juan Islands- NEED VENUE

NEED HELP! We have a small budget... looking for somehwere near the water to have a casual wedding hopefully with our own caterer. Would love to rent a house near the water or something low key... have looked online ,just thought if anyone has gone to a wedding or is getting married their they may have some fun original ideas :)

Re: San Juan Islands- NEED VENUE

• edited December 2011
    We were going to have our wedding at the San Juans- Friday Harbor at Roche Harbor resort. They do their own catering there though.
    LOVED it but found that the expense of travel, hotel, limited choice in vendors on the island, high ferry rate and all the other details would be too much for our small wedding and the guests.

We absolutely LOVED the venue though. The chapel there is GORGEOUS!
    Happy Planning Ladies!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  I haven't ventured over here in years, but since i did... you could look into Moran State Park ELC on Orcas Island.  There is a single house or cabins and lodge you can rent.  It's on the lake, but not adjacent to the Puget Sound.  You might also look at Doe Bay Resort, also on Orcas, but on the Sound.
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on how big your wedding is, the UW lab research property on San Juan is a gorgeous place right on the water with a view of the ferry and really nice remodeled cabins right on the water.  There is a "hall" there that looks pretty all done up.  Not sure if you can do weddings but it was just a really neat and different place. 

http://depts.washington.edu/fhl/
  • cmj_onescmj_ones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check vrbo.com for vacation rentals.....you might be able to find something really cool and you and/or guests could stay there too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards