Washington
Options

McMenamins Wedding???

Has anyone had a wedding at Mcmenamins Edgefield near Portland?  It seems to be the only place that is within my families budget. We are planning the Wedding for December 30th or 31st and are running out of time and ideas.

Its not my ideal, as McMenamins is kind of weird and quirky (I was planning more of an elegant, classic wedding).  But if its all we can afford, it will have to do.

Just wondering how the catered wedding food is, how the service is, if they have a wedding coordinator help out on the day,  how it looks once decorated, and if a ceremony AND reception are do-able?

Thank you so much ladies!
Oh-- and if you have other ideas for affordable venues...?  I feel like I have scoured this site and others, but McMenamins is the only place all inclusive within our $3000-$4000 budget...

Re: McMenamins Wedding???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of them but I'm pretty darn good at looking for venues.. and I can ask my aunt as well (she is an event planner) for places in your area that you may not have considered. What's the price range of mcmenamins and what does that price include?
  • Options
    deslanact21deslanact21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    McMenamins doesn't actually rent the room with its own fees-- you just have to meet a food/drink minimum.  We are now considering the McMenamins "Grand Lodge."  The food/drink minimum.  Is $2200.  So it would serve about 75 guests if I wanted to stay around the $2200 (however on top of it there is the 18% gratuity, so now were talking about 3k).   It includes the venue, tables/chairs, linens and food/drink. 

However,  the venue is only available  Dec 30th before 8pm, and I have been wanting an evening wedding on New Years Eve.  

My biggest issue is that I have always wanted a winter wedding, perhaps in a cabin or lodge.  But all the places I'm finding (Skamania Lodge, Timberline, Meadows, some of the Wineries, etc.)  are soooo far out of my budget.  My parents aren't giving me a clear answer on what that budget is exactly.  But I'm guessing $3000 or less for venue+catering......    And I know that is not much....

If you have any ideas I would appreciate.  I wish I knew someone with a big house up in the mountains who would let me borrow it!!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you will be hard pressed to find a place not already booked for New Year's Eve because it is such a popular "going out" holiday. Personally, that sounds like a screaming deal! =] I would go for it. I hope you do fiind something on New Year's Eve!!!! =]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bride's Bouquet
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bridesmaid's bouquet
  • Options
    Missyb581Missyb581 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to live in Vancouver and I had a couple for  clients who got married at Edgefeild and they absolutely LOVED it. Having it all included is nice and the grounds are beautiful. I say take the offer.

Marrying my Best Friend! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards