Washington

Washington honeymoon

One of the first things we decided about our wedding was the honeymoon destination: we've been dreaming about visiting Washington and Oregon for quite some time... So I'm looking at you ladies for some help: where does a couple of Belgian newlyweds go for a great time? All we know is that we're going to Seattle, but ideas for what to do there and elsewhere in Washing (and Oregon) are welcome!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Washington honeymoon

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a fan of the Olympic Penninsula. The Hoh Rainforest is beautiful.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    It depends on what you like to do. Are you a spa and relax kinda couple? or more of the outdoors (as in a 4,000ft elevation gain in 3 miles kinda outdoors).
    It'll also depend on what time of the year you will be coming, for us to give you the best recommendations. :)

But to start you off, there are incredible spas and lodging on the olympic peninsula or the San Juan Islands, which would allow you some rainforest time. Also, this place is incredible, and close to skiing if you are coming in the winter:
    http://www.salishlodge.com/?source=simpleadsearch&gclid=CJLbjfe06KoCFUkZQgodvBe66g

For the best sunny-but-not-too-hott weather, come during August. You'll most likely be in 70s (21C)  with little to no humidity.
    Where and when were you thinking you guys would make it this way? :)
  • ElinetrouwtElinetrouwt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas.

We want to go right after getting married, which is in July. So I'm pretty sure a couple of relaxed spa days would do us good. I usually like a bit of everything, a combination of city life, beach, outdoors, quiet countryside...,  I'm an outdoors girl but the FI less so. Skiing and heaving climbing isn't really for us.

The San Juan islands look gorgeous! And so does the rest... Our HM will be way too short!
  • edited December 2011
    The San Juans are great and you can take the boat tours to see the orcas who will be in the area during July. Or you can kayak around andsun bathe :P
  • edited December 2011
    I will be roughly doing the same thing for my honeymoon, the only difference is that we will be leaving WA and going through OR to get home to CA :)  If you are going to Seatle you must check out Pike Place Market its fun and famous.  We also love going to La Push and staying in the cabins....so romantic.  Just taking a drive along the 101 and finding new fun spots to stay would be a great time....there are so many amazing places.
    Cynthia Finch
  • edited December 2011
    in seattle you can rent kayaks on lake union and also visit the UW washington arboretum-beautiful!  and you must visit pike place parket (like PP said).  it is iconic seattle.  going to the top of the space needle is also fun- go on a clear day, or at night to see the city lights!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ElinetrouwtElinetrouwt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of that sounds like so much fun! Thank you ladies.
  • edited December 2011
    i live on the olympic peninsula! it is amazing! you should go to lake crescent lodge and stay, travel in the olympic mountains to hurricaine ridge, go to the hoh rain forrest visit lake quinalt and kalaloch :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards