Washington

Pacific North West Venue

I'm having some trouble finding the perfect park for a summer evening wedding. This will be an outdoor wedding and reception with dessert served, kind of casual, and inexpensive. I am also hoping to find somewhere that will be open a little after dusk, and allow a camp/bon fire. I'm not sure on the laws for burning within city limits, or where to find them. I also need the area to be handicap accessible, and to be somewhere around the Skagit, Whatcom county. I will not be serving alcohol, and we will not be having any loud amped up music... so there shouldn't be any problems there.  I realize in the summer time... parks will be packed and parking will be non existent, but I figured why not reach for the stars and see if anyone out there knows of anything that could remotely fit the bill. Or if anyone can recommend a "$" priced outdoor venue in this area. The "$$" is a bit out of my league, and the closest one I found on the knot's local venue page was a "$$" in Mt. Vernon. Thank you!

Re: Pacific North West Venue

• edited December 2011
    Have you considered Hovander Park in Ferndale?  Not sure if they allow bon fires but they have a newer large picnic shelter with a fireplace in it.  Although I've never been to a wedding there, I've seen lots of pictures from weddings at Hovander.  Check out the Whatcom County Parks website.
     http://www.co.whatcom.wa.us/parks/index.jsp
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image PgAL March Siggy Challenge: Pet Shaming BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards