Missouri

Help..Need a ceremony location in Columbia-Outdoor

I am about in tears, i have looked everywhere for what i want on the day I want (5/1/10) and can't find anything. I will have about 150 guests so Shelter Gardens is out. But I really want a pretty outdoor setting. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I have missed something. Thanks in advance,Jill

Re: Help..Need a ceremony location in Columbia-Outdoor

• ecrewsecrews member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know where exactly you want your wedding, but have you tried Alpine Gardens here in Columbia? I thought there place (at least from the website) was nice. WE are getting married outside at Twin Lakes Sporting Lodge, which is located in Mexico MO. it's in the country, but I can tell you we are NOT an outdoor couple. But it's beautiful, reasonable and we are not required to have specific caterer, etc. check out http://www.twinlakessportingclub.com/. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Jill! Same problem here! We were wanting a Columbia wedding in 2010 with an outdoor wedding and reception local. I feel that I have looked everywhere! We visited Alpine Parks and it was not what I had expected, poison ivy and wasps nest everywhere!!! We also checked the winery, the wedding planner there never gets back with me! We are now checking into Hermann Mo, esp Hermann Hill bed, breakfast and wedding venue. Good luck, and if you hear of anything, let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey all,I would really consider alpine parks (I chose to not end up there), but my cousin was married there and the wedding was absolutely beautiful! It was very outdoorsy and lovely. I loved their building was half enclosed so it could rain and still have the outside feel. It was to pricey for me so I chose riechman pavillion at stephens lakeI would really recommend it to anyone still looking for a location. We are having the ceremony outside and using the building inside for the reception (air condition :)) Here's a link .... I think its amazing, but I'm probably biased.  
  • carriedohcarriedoh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the country clubs?  A bed-and-breakfast in one of the neighboring  communities might also be pretty.
  • firewife772firewife772 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what about at the columns on MU campus. Stepehns college also has a location for outdoor weddings
  • edited December 2011
    This might be kind of late . . I hope you have found something but a co-worker of mine had the wedding at Stephen's Lake park. They have lots of outdoor areas where you can set up chairs and have the indoor location you can rent with a kitchen for the reception. Not sure if it would fit your number or not but something to look into! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards