Missouri

St. Louis County park wedding (cliff cave) help

Hi Everyone,

I am planning a wedding at the Riverside Shelter at Cliff Cave Park in August 2013. Has anyone (or know anyone) who has had a wedding there? There are tons of picnic tables, but I might be renting tables and chairs and I'm not sure what to do with all the picnic tables. I think it would probably look silly to just have a big pile of them just to the side. Any ideas?

Also, has anyone used any of the caterers from the preferred vendor list? I am a little more concerned about budget than what the food is (chicken vs fish, etc) at this point. Any recomemndations?

Thanks for your help and Happy New Year!

Re: St. Louis County park wedding (cliff cave) help

• Hi...we are having our wedding at cliff cave park too, this September and I was wondering if you can give me any info on what your planning. It's hard to find stuff about that place, like a caterer or dj? Thanks.
  • I am planning my wedding at Cliff Cave in July 2013.

Here's a link to a list of approved vendors for St. Louis County Parks.

http://www.stlouisco.com/Portals/8/docs/Document%20Library/parks/PDFs/CorporatePicnics/caterer-list.pdf

St. Louis County Parks charge an extra fee to vendors suppling things at their parks, and those vendors usually pass that fee to you. I would ask when you call around. I originally was going to do my ceremony and reception there. And move the pinic tables out into the field for people to sit at. But decided not to hassle with it because the park has to be put back the way it was before you leave, I didn't want to spend all that time moving everything and moving it back. They'll charge you a per table fee for every table not put back as well. There are also noise volume restictions, like it can't be heard more than 50 feet from the pavillion. I'm not sure if there is a DJ on the approved Vendor list or not.

So We are now just doing a ceremony, and renting chairs.

You can call the special events coordinator for stl parks at 314-615-8371 to ask more questions. I called a few times.... One lady was helpful, and one was very rude.

Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards