Missouri

anyone know any good outdoor places to get married?

Hi! I live in west plains, mo, and I am looking for a great place to get married outside. I really love alley springs but they have way too many restrictions! boo!! So any other MO brides that have any ideas or know anyone with a great place on the water that would rent it for cheap????? I am really desperate to find a place, and I am so worried I won't be able to!!!! Thanks!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone know any good outdoor places to get married?

• edited December 2011
    I am not familiar with your area...but in general I would check with local parks departments and the conservation areas to see if there is a little spot that you haven't heard of yet.  Also, just go for a drive in an area you are interested in with wedding location on your mind and you may find something you missed before!  I am in a suburb of St. Louis and there are lots of little areas I never even noticed before we started looking for locations.
  • edited December 2011
    I use to live in West Plains! Have you looked into Mammoth Springs or Galloway Park? 
  • edited December 2011
    Have you ever been to the Dean Davis conservation area?? What about near the lake? You might be able to find someone's farm and have it there.  I don't remember where else has water near WP. Alley springs is beautiful, so is Mammoth Springs and Grand Gulf.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys ! Grand Gulf is pretty, I've gone there since I was a kid, but there isn't really anywhere to have a wedding there, I have 100+ guests!

Mammoth Spring is great, but a lot of my friends get married there and I want my own thing! :)

Galloway park is one of my favorite places to go walking, but since the highway is so close and right behind it, I'm not inclined to use it-esp that close to the train tracks! *choo choo* during the ceremony would not be ideal.

Alley Springs is beautiful, me and my FH went to look at it, but there are sooooo many rules, we wouldn't be able to have flower petals or decorations or an arch or anything! Sooo...yeah....bad luck for me!! lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards