Missouri
Options

QUESTIONS PLEASE HELP

First this is my 4 marriage technically because I married ny second husband twice. Is it wrong to want and have a big wedding?

My FI fav color is olive green. I want to use that with an ivory and a shade of blue. What shade should I use. I would love to use Turquoise but not sure how that would look.

As a guest would you prefer buffet meal or a platned meal?

We are having an open bar. Should this be available all night? We are buying our own alohol and a bartending company is serving it for us.

I believe I am going to spring for the added cost of a coordinator at least for the wedding day. Our budget is 15,000

Re: QUESTIONS PLEASE HELP

• Options
    No it is not wrong to want a big wedding. Turquoise is unique and ive seen weddings where it was so beautiful. Whether or not to have a buffet comes down to the budget you have set for food. With a 15,000 budget you can do a lot. If you have an open bar I do think it should be open the full night. Happy planning!
  • Options
    I think if you want a big wedding that's your choice!! It's you and you're fiances day and you should do what you want. I will tell you honestly some people will think it's "wrong" but you should do what makes you happy! That's what life is all about anyway right?! Lol! I think you could definitely do turquoise with the olive green and ivory, but I think it needs to be a dark turquoise, a bright turquoise might look a little out of place. Navy would also look really nice with those colors. I really like a buffet style dinner because while I am not a picky eater I really like having lots of options to choose from! Stations are great also! As far as the open bar goes it needs to be open ask night, I would hate to get my first 2 drinks and then walk up for my third and suddenly be expected to pay, I probably wouldn't have my wallet with me and I would be a little embarrassed! Good luck with your planning!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you very much ladies. I think I will go with the Navy blue instead. I do love the Turqoise though so we will see. My FI thinks we should just have a couple signature drinks, 3 different beers and a couple wines at the bar. Is this suitable? Buffet style it is. Stations is the way I was leaning so glad I was thinking on the right track.

I feel much better wanting the big wedding. His family  is wonderful and will just be happy to celebrate our day with us in such a beautiful atmosphere but my family may be a ittle more judgemental. My sister has already told me to just go to Vegas and save our money.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri_questions-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:635Discussion:30192eaa-3d1d-4bbe-ac54-24fd9f6d8b31Post:422d2503-7043-47b8-a816-894b4d666f28">Re: QUESTIONS PLEASE HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you very much ladies. I think I will go with the Navy blue instead. I do love the Turqoise though so we will see. My FI thinks we should just have a couple signature drinks, 3 different beers and a couple wines at the bar. Is this suitable? Buffet style it is. Stations is the way I was leaning so glad I was thinking on the right track. I feel much better wanting the big wedding. His family  is wonderful and will just be happy to celebrate our day with us in such a beautiful atmosphere but my family may be a ittle more judgemental. My sister has already told me to just go to Vegas and save our money.
    Posted by KimandByron[/QUOTE]

Don't let ANYONE bring you down. Its you and FI's day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards