Missouri
Options

Photographer for a small wedding in Springfield?

We're having a somewhat casual wedding in Springfield and need a photographer.  We're not interested in all the bells and whistles and a huge album, just an hour or so to shoot a few formal pics and document the ceremony, and digital copies we can print (or not) later.   I don't mind paying good money for a photographer, but we simply don't want a traditional wedding album that a) isn't really our style and b) we know will mostly gather dust on a shelf over the years.  And we don't need one for more than an hour or two, max.  All the professional photogs we know personally are not keen on booking a small job with us on a Saturday afternoon when they can probably book a much bigger one with somebody else.

Anyone work with a photog who might fit the bill?
imageWhite Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer for a small wedding in Springfield?

• Options
    WildRumpusWildRumpus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out HK photography. She's just getting started, so I'm sure she wouldn't be too concerned that you're having a small wedding. She did my b-pics and has done a ton of pictures including, engagement, b-pics, wedding, birth, and family pictures for a friend. You can't beat her prices either.

http://www.hkphotography.biz/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used New Edge Studio, they have a website and a facebook page. If you would like her phone number its on there also or you can PM and I will give it to you.

Tell her Charity sent you,  she is amazing to work with and will give you a great deal. We paid her 600 dollars for 11-12 hours worth of coverage and a disc with almost 1000 pictures on them that we can do whatever we like with.

More so her print prices are incredible, I think she charges 1.25 for a 4x6: 2.50 for a 5x7: 5.00 for a 8x10 and maybe 10 dollars for an 11x16 if you want to order pictures from her. But we got the CD and we are going to make a book with our photos from the wedding, like a hard bound book on our own time.
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, guys!  You rock!
    imageWhite Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could check out Love, Rachel Photography. She does a lot of smaller weddings. She's pretty affordable and just getting started. Also, I like Turner Creative in Marshfield. 
    loverachelphotography.wordpress.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't already chosen somebody, you should definitely check out Lauren Greenberg Photography.  She did our wedding last month, and I cannot tell you how amazing she was!!  She even took us out for another photoshoot a week later, because it was storming during our wedding and we didn't get to take many outdoor pictures.  She went above and beyond what we had expected, her pictures are beautiful, and her prices are very reasonable (based on the quality of pictures, she should charge much more, in my opinion)! 

http://www.lauren-greenberg.com

...Seriously, I'm recommending her to everybody, that's how awesome she was! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Again, if you haven't picked someone yet, out photographer, Kimberly Ikenroth of Ikenroth Images was amazing. She is practical, efficient and doesn't make you pay for a ton of stuff you don't want or need!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ray of Light Photography or Ashley Morrison Photography. Ive had pictures taken by both (just not wedding pics) but Ive also seen weddings they have done.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to add this, my best friend had a horrible experiance with Ashley Morrison Photography. Ashley sent high resolution photos that were 140 KB, thats the same size file as my cell phone camera would take. I looked at the files from my photographer and they are 9 mb each so much much  larger.

Ashely handled the situation rather porely as a professional and used foul language and yelled at my friend. I tried to leave a negative review under their facebook page and they deleted it because they didn't want things like that on there.

Please, think twice before using Ashley Morrison.

I will say that we didn't get to use Lauren Greenberg due to budget but I did speak with her on numerous occasions. She was so sweet, quick to get back to you with an answer, has several different packages and her work look amazing!! If we had not used new Edge she would have been our photographer.

I have also heard good things about Randy Bacon and Scott Cotton.
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards