Missouri
Options

STL Beauty Banquet Church Music Dress Florist Hotel Tux Photographer Baker

I was married on October 29, 2011 to the most loving man a women could desire. Our experience was memorable. Below I have outlined our vendors. Some good some bad. I wish that more brides would take the time to write reviews after their wedding. Thanks to all for your advice, pictures, and stories.
Event Planning & Wedding Creations -
Wedding Planners
 314-892-8401I was fortunate to find this company through a friend that works at Mercy (St. John’s) Hospital. They offered a month of coordination that started 2 months prior to my wedding. Their staff was wonderful!! Jenny is an artist and did all my calligraphy for my invitations, place cards, and thank you notes. She sketched an engagement portrait that I have hanging in my living room. She was able to artistically put together a story book photo album. From pictures I had from my bridal shower, engagement, wedding ….. LOVE IT!!! Donna has been doing event planning for years. My guests were very satisfied with their hotel accommodations at Hampton Inn South County. She helped organize restaurant and activities for my out of town guests. Take a look at my web site she designed. Really helped. Jake has an associate degree and was a wonderful food critic. He works at a five star restaurant - somewhere in the central west end - Can’t remember the name. My centerpieces and pew flowers were specially designed and made by Jenny. Favorite part of my wedding. So many positive compliments. The Make-Up Barwww.makeupbarspaparties.com/about.html">http://www.makeupbarspaparties.com/about.html
Donna recommended this location and it was perfect. We loved this private location in Webster Groves for getting our make-up and hair styled on the wedding day. The makeup artist was amazing and I loved the Glominerals cosmetics they use. They served us OJ, muffins and fruit. Perfect way to start the morning. Will be using them on a regular basis. Great experience. Highly recommend. Royal Orleans Banquet Hall Telegraph www.royaleorleans.com/">http://www.royaleorleans.com/
My overall advice is keep searching for a venue. While our experience was not a complete disaster, it left much to be desired. I would suggest just renting a VFW hall rather than pay the extra money here. If you decide to go against my advice and book here any way get every detail in writing. Expect little service from staff members. Positive excellent food, bar attendant excellent manners , DJ - went beyond to satisfy our requestsNegative Was not informed of services provided by venue EX. Free centerpiece …, their invitation books were very old and out dated, they offered little assistance in setting up the room or assistance in any other way, promises such as 2 bar attendants for over 200 people not fulfilled. They smashed my cake topper and did not even say sorry. I left messages in the office the week of the wedding that went unanswered. Trinity Lutheran ChurchBeautiful historical landmark. Pastor Dave and Barb were excellent to deal with. Pastor Dave gave a very personal sermon. Would highly recommend.Blossoms Bridal www.blossomsbridal.com/">http://www.blossomsbridal.com/ There are so many good positive things one could say about Blossoms Bridal a few are 1) Everyone that works there sincerely cares about each one of their brides. (Compare the BBB report and facts will show their exceptional customer service). Not like some chain stores in the area. 2) They have a very nice selection of gowns 3) . The staff is very friendly and not at all pushy, 4) the prices are just right. Only problem was at the reception the bustle would not fasten and stay up.  Walter Knoll Florist www.wkf.com/weddingIntro.cfm">http://www.wkf.com/weddingIntro.cfm The flowers were amazing! I worked with Judy at their Tesson Ferry location. I didn't have a great "vision," and ended up changing my mind many times. Each time Judy wrote everything down, asked pertinent questions, and the outcome was stunning and oh-so perfect. I had checked around with a few florists and no one could beat WK's prices. The only problem was some how the bouquet I was to toss was left off the order and I ended up using my bridesmaids. No one noticed. Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55 http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=STLBHHX Donna from Event Planning and Wedding Creations recommended this location and it was perfect. She reserved a room with a double tub for Mark and I to relax in. Hotel is newer and extremely well-appointed. It's hard to believe this is a Hampton, as the quality of the property and staff would lead me to believe this hotel was a much more upscale brand. The rooms are beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. Front desk staff was exceptionally friendly. Best surprise was Jenny and Donna decorated the room with rose petals and candles. BEAUTIFUL JOB!! Men's Wearhouse SOUTH COUNTY MALL (314) 892-6810 www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Tuxedos_-1_10601_10051_10651_10651_Tuxedos.html">http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Tuxedos_-1_10601_10051_10651_10651_Tuxedos.html  We were initially wary to go to Men's Wearhouse for tuxes because they are a subsidiary of David's Bridal but we needed a vendor that provides service state wide.
I'll say that the tuxes were clean, in good shape, and the color match of the vests/ties was exactly what we had seen when we made our reservation.

However, my husband's , father in law, and father’s tux and didn’t fit well. The pants were HUGE. My husband had to pull his pants almost up to his armpits to make the length look ok. . . My husband said the girl who fitted them said that big & tall were the same thing & ordered the long length in addition to larger waistline. What a mess! They said they would correct this but his father's were not altered as promised and he had to alter them himself right before the wedding. Also, my brother's coat was too big across the shoulders.

My advice is that they probably would be ok to use, but be very careful about who does the fitting/measurements, and also try to schedule the pickup of the tuxes a day or two before you actually need to wear them. The guy who made our reservation & his manager were very knowledgeable & easy to work with, but the girl working the day they went in for measurements I was pretty clueless about fitting anyone outside of the average size guy. It shows in the pictures, and made for an uncomfortable day for several of our guys - especially the most important one - the groom!!!Video Gate Studio 677 N. New Ballas, suite 221
Creve Coeuer, MO 63146 Will post at later date. Pictures not back yet. But, only been a couple weeks. McArther's Bakery
www.mcarthurs.com/weddings.asp">http://www.mcarthurs.com/weddings.asp My husband and I were pleased with our wedding cake from McArther's Bakery. The cake tasted wonderful and we received many compliments on it. The price of the cake was fair in comparison to other vendors. The were professional and easy to deal with.Wedding day details, as far as delivery and setup were taken care of between McArthur's and the banquet hall. This was a huge help, taking one less thing off my long list of things to do. Only problem was they forgot the box for the top piece we were to take home. Donna was able to take care of this problem quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards