Missouri

Day of Wedding Coordiator

I really do not have anyone to be at my reception on my wedding day except the staff. Should I hire a wedding day coordinator?

Re: Day of Wedding Coordiator

• edited December 2011
    I do DOC in the springfield area, I go to my clients venue and make sure that any of the decor that needs to be sat up is, that vendors (flowers, cake, caterer, DJ, linens ect) are delivered and sat as needed. Then if the bride chooses I go to the ceremony location line up the wedding party, coordinate music, make sure the wedding starts on time, people are in their positions and the ceremony goes smoothly. After ceremony I go back to the reception venue and make sure candles are lit, lights are turned on, bar is ready ect before the guests and bridal party arrives. As soon as they are there and have been announced I leave.

If your venue has a site manager who can be at your reception venue to make sure things are going smoothly you don't have to have a DOC. Likewise if you have a family friend you can put in charge of making sure the vendors are there when they need ot be.

FOr our wedding we had an entire day to get in and decorate on Friday, then the reception was on Saturday, then we had the entire day to take everything down on Sunday. Not only that but we pretty much walked into a blank room with just the tables sat up, we decorated everything. So if your venue does the linens or table setting for you you might not need someone. Had we not had the entire day before I would have put someone in charge or hired everyone.
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards