Missouri
Options

Flower ideas

We are having a outdoor wedding/reception in June next year (western/country/very laid back).  I'm not much of a flower person, I will plant them, but I don't do flowers in the house etc.  My colors are denim blue and brown. And I"m just having a hard time choosing what type of flowers to use.  The girls are going to wear demin blue dresses and didn't want to clash with that so thought something white or even yellow.  I don't want anything too flashy or elegant since this is a casul wedding.  Any ideas?

Re: Flower ideas

• Options
    eomohundroeomohundro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like an assortment of wildflowers would be great with your theme. They won't look too fussy - which sounds like something you are going for. Plus, you can pick lots of different colors and nothing with match or clash, really.
    If you want something that looks for formal, hydrangeas would be pretty. But I'm partial to them because they are my favorite flower. :)
  • Options
    pinkysatticpinkysattic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Cowgirl,
    The perfect flowers are mixed wild flowers of any color, the more varied the better, in my opinion! I'm doing a similiar theme and will mix up my flower colors. My friend/florist says we'll save alot of $$ using the rustic/wildflower idea. Think daisies, sunflowers, mums, etc.. You could add a few roses to your bouquet to makke it a bit more special. I saw a super cute country bouquet idea tht use rope around the "handle part" of the bouquet. I even thought wrapping burlap or leather around it would give it a country feel. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you could always just do huge bundles of baby's breath! I have seen really cute pictures on various blogs!!! plus....it is inexpensive and you can wrap them yourself in ribbon or cloth! :) VERY RUSTIC CHIC! :)
    When you fall in love with someone, all your saved up wishes start coming true.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YOu sould get your flowers from Sams club, they have 5 star ratings and they are super affordable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards