Missouri

Reception Food??

Hello everyone! I am having trouble deciding what we want to do with the reception food. We are on a budget and dont really want to pay a catering company, but we also dont want to look cheep. Someone gave me the idea of doing sandwiches since our venue is outside and simple, but again were not sure if thats tacky? What are other couples doing about their food on a budget? Any ideas will be helpful. Thanks

Re: Reception Food??

• edited December 2011
    i had originally planned for a very small 'brunch' type reception were there are just finger foods some cake and drinks. Just a really small get together. I was going to have my mom, stepmom, and myself get together and make a bunch of our best appetisers and finger foods and that was going to be it. It didn't work out that way because FMIL is now footing the bill for the reception and pretty much in control.

Some things we were going to make:
    Deviled Eggs
    Fruit salad
    ham rolls
    Pinwheels
    Veggie trays
    chips
    things like that
    Photobucket

We make the sun shine... Wedding Countdown Ticker

• srkropfsrkropf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be really careful with devil eggs and mayo products-- potatoe salad, marcarroni salad, etc-- because you don't want your guest to get food poisoning! I would suggest doing neat fruit kabobs sticking out of a pinnapple-- a friend of mine did that, also veggie trays, stuffed mushrooms, etc. There's a really neat picture of a reception that put bottled water and soads in an old cast iron tub with ice-- something to consider maybe?
    Sarah Kropf Wedding Countdown Ticker 98image 12image 4image
  • edited December 2011
    I'm trying to do food on a budget as well - caterers are just SO expensive!  Then I found out about Hyvee catering!  I haven't booked yet but I'm excited that I can feed a person a full meal, with two entree choices for under 10 bucks a head.  Appetizers are even cheaper!
    Just a thought!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards