California-San Diego

need help with wedding Invite wording

Hello fellow knotties, 
I need help. I'm in the process of designing my invitations and I'm at a loss on how to correctly word Adult Only Affair. We're allowing kids to the ceremony but not allowed to the cocktail & reception. The invites currently say 
"Cocktail Hour & Reception to follow
Respectfully, an adult occasion" 
It doesn't sound right to me because it sounds like the children aren't allowed at all. 
Please help. 

Thanks

Re: need help with wedding Invite wording

• mrslakermrslaker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would try to hire a sitter for the children and provide them a room where the parents can have them stay in. If they are already coming to the ceremony, it might be a great inconvenience for the parents to have to worry about after the ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with mrslaker, if they're coming to the ceremony it seems appropriate to have them at the reception. Goes back to the thinking that if they come to the ceremony they are invited to the reception.

However, for the wording you are using, you might try something like "Adult only Cocktail Hour & Reception to follow" or "Adult Cocktail Hour & Reception to follow". Moving the adult bit into the main line should make it flow a bit better as a cohesive statement. I hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards