California-San Diego

recommended wedding Planner in the San Diego area

I just had my wedding last Friday and this last year of planning was a bit of a challenge because my husband lost his job for 3 months and we were on a pretty intensely tight budget. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to find AMAZING people to work within my financial constraints. The MOST important of these was my wedding coordinator. I wanted to give her some publicity on here since I used the Knot a lot while I was planning. Renee Hirsh - if you need a coordinator you HAVE to interview her to see if she fits well with you. You won't be sorry. She is such a delightful woman. How do I even begin writing a proper reference for Renee Hirsh? From the moment we met, I knew immediately that this was the woman whom I could trust and depend on for THE most important day of my life. Renee is the type of planner every groom should give as a gift for his bride so she can unplug, relax and simply enjoy her wedding day. My husband did this for me and it was the most generous thing he could have given me for a wedding present! Whether you are considering a coordinator to plan the big event from beginning to end or like me, for the “day of” – Renee is a true professional. She has extensive knowledge as it relates to selecting and negotiating with venues, confirming contracts with vendors, having the panache to eloquently manage difficult guests/family members, not to mention the experience to successfully navigate through all those pesky and unexpected on-the-fly adjustments that are needed on every wedding day! I can honestly attest to Renee’s attention to detail and her loving, heart-felt work ethic. Once she is committed to her bride and groom, Renee will turn herself inside out to please them and makes sure that she (and all vendors) stay within budget! Renee worked tirelessly to ensure we didn’t skimp on class or quality and had the relationships and experience to offer suggestions and alternatives to fit into our very lean budget. Putting it simply, Renee FAR exceeded our expectations! She was my wedding angel and I cannot imagine that I could have or would have let go of my “control” on my day had I not thoroughly trusted that it would be in good hands. My final note of gratitude regarding my experience with Renee brings me to some of the not-too-often spoken about aspects of a wedding as it relates to dealing with the many emotional personalities that are involved in the big day. There are often moments during the day when stress is high or emotions are frayed … this is truly where I saw Renee shine. With her notoriously warm and affectionate demeanor, Renee used her gentle yet firm nature to quiet the issues that came about on my wedding day and hid it from me so I didn’t suspect a thing was not just “perfect.” Her empathetic and soothing yet commanding authority will make any sized event run as smooth as silk… trust me! My family can test the strongest of wills! It would truly be my pleasure to make myself available to discuss my personal details with couples considering Renee’s services for their wedding. I have so many examples to share – many of which were showcasing the smallest details which Renee managed that ultimately allowed me and my guests to relax and completely enjoy my wedding day. My wedding was simply the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE and it is largely due to the gentle direction and professional strength of this woman. I will forever be grateful for the gift Renee gave me – letting go of the control so I could enjoy myself! I was given the freedom to relax and simply be “present” for my own wedding!

Re: recommended wedding Planner in the San Diego area

• jesssince83jesssince83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you happen to get married at the Soledad Club? I ask because I know Renee is the manager there, and I have a few questions about that site...  Let me know! I'd love to ask you some things! :) And Congratulations!! :)
  • AUTUMNINLOVEAUTUMNINLOVE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, she sounds wonderful, does she have a website? or email address where i can find more information? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards