California-San Diego
Options

East County Bakery???

I am getting married in Oct. 2010 in Julian & am looking for a bakery in East County, having a hard time finding a decent one. Looking for someone that can do " faux bois "on a cake; going for the rustic touch!Any & all suggestions welcome! My eyes will go blind if I read one more Yelp review!

Re: East County Bakery???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did LOTS of tastings, two in East County. We ended up using Flour Power and I loved my cake. It was EXACTLY what I asked for and oh so tasty! They have a La Mesa location where you can do tastings.I did a tasting with Crumbs de Paris, who is in El Cajon. I was disappointed not only with their cake, but also with their presentation (the store, the cakes on display, the staff, etc.)I'm not sure about the technique that you're looking for since that probably a typical request, but any cake decorator worth his salt should be able to come up with a solution for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Howards Bakery.They are excellent. I read really bad reviews of rude people at Flour POwer so I decided not to go with them among another reasons. My Fi has been going to Howards with his family for donuts since he was a kid and thier stuff is amazingly good! Plus everytime we go there they are super nice :)
  • Options
    LeAnna&TomLeAnna&Tom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Crumbs of Paris, they did our engagement party cake and it was awesome!
  • Options
    Luke143ShawnaLuke143Shawna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flour Power for sure! They are delicious!
  • Options
    LeAnna&TomLeAnna&Tom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Julian last weekend and they have a bakery, maybe that would be better than having one driven up the moutain as they say in Julian.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards