California-San Diego

locations for an on the beach wedding?

Getting married next August and want sand between our toes :)Anybody have suggestions on good locations? Cheaper the better. Have thought about Breakers Beach, but I can't find much information. Do you have to get married on the deck or can you actually have it on the beach? I live out of state and my fiance is working most of the day so we haven't been able to visit any places. Any help would be great :)

Re: locations for an on the beach wedding?

• edited December 2011
    Hello,Contact resorts or hotels situated at beaches or the local wedding vendors of that area it could help you in selecting right venue for your wedding suiting your budget and guests.Regards,sarah_9[url=http://www.beachthemeweddingshop.com]Beach Shopping [/url]
  • wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The La Jolla Shores Hotel may be one of the only hotels on the beach that also allow weddings on the sand, but it can be expensive. But it's beautiful. I had my wedding there, but not on the beach. Check into San Diego parks and recreation--because most likely you will need a permit to have your wedding on a public beach. Another option is to have it in a public park overlooking the beach--like Cuvier Park, for example. Again, you will need a permit. Also depending on the time of year, the parks and rec. dept won't issue permits for weddings on the beaches, because its just too crowded.
  • edited December 2011
    San diego county parks and rec gives lots of beach options you can get a permit for and some are only $250 or $500! The only thing is usually. There are limits like # of guests or no alcohol. My fiance and I are getting married at the del mar powerhouse community center next july, which is also right on the beach. Its more expensive than the parks and reec option, but not as much as a beach hotel. I highly suggest checking that out! Plus u can pick ur own caterer as long as they are liscensed to cater within city limits. Good luck!
  • davefan124davefan124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married in October on Moonlight Beach in Encinitas. IT IS FREE. The Catch: Moonlight Beach is State owned but operated under contract with the City of Encinitas. We do not issue permits for special ceremonies on the beach. The beach is first come first serve with no charge. All City Ordinances apply, and keep in mind no roping off sections, no impeding public access, and no blocking of emergency vehicle access up and down the beach. A list of beach regulations is available at Beach Safety. Hope that helps!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for everyone's help so far! I'm going to have to go visit a lot of places I think when I come down in Sept!~caribekat
  • LeAnna&TomLeAnna&Tom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Contact Coronado Community Center for a permit to use Coronado beaches really reasonable, it's not the Del but you are very close for much cheaper....619-522-2456  Jeanette is wonderful. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards