California-San Diego

Personal Touch Dining

Well, we went last night for our tasting at Personal Touch Dining...Let me tell you that I was VERY, VERY pleased with it.We had an appointment for 5 pm yesterday, and when we got there, we were greeted by a server at the door, who led us right in to our table where we met Tracy Zemke. Tracy was EXCELLENT. We got to go over linen selections, she had a table dressed out in our wedding colors (which were close, but according to my fiancee, weren't quite the colors she wanted...Which was ok, because they had different shades of purple and cream/ivory that she was able to narrow down to).This was actually REALLY, REALLY helpful for us, because it gave us an idea of how big a table we're going to be working with, and she had also set up a very simple centerpiece design, something we hadn't even thought of - some colored stones and some votive candle holders. It was really simple, but still very low and it looked very much "us". :) It was really nice considering that we've been waffling back and forth throughout TheKnot website looking at different centerpieces and wondering, "Can we afford something like that?" or "will everyone be able to SEE each other over that centerpiece?"We got to try some of the hors d'oeuvres, and we came across some stuffed mushroom caps that were excellent, as well as fresh fruit shooters - YUM!!!The chef who was working with us initially thought we were inviting a bunch of vegetarians to the wedding, since we picked a portobello mushroom ravioli (which, by the way, if you like mushrooms, this is DELICIOUS!) so he made us a vegetable lasagna. This was nice, but I didn't much care for the veggie lasagna - the acidity from the tomatoes was too much for my acid reflux. Don't get me wrong, the taste was great, but it caused me problems last night laying in bed. :)Tracy was great - she started off with asking us about how the planning was going, and we sat down and told her about how we'd gotten a lot of things done already, who we were going with for our cake, and told her about our photographer fiasco...She was glad that we'd knocked out a lot already, and showed us a layout of how we could have the tables set up, showed us pictures from previous weddings AT our venue, went over the choices of plates that we'd have...Everything was great with them, and they really made me feel comfortable that they're going to come through with what they're promising.

Re: Personal Touch Dining

• LeAnna&TomLeAnna&Tom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using them...the staff at my work (Coronado Community Center) says they are one of the best to work with.  I also attended a wedding last year and they were awsome.  We were very impressed by PTD at our tasting.  My FI is a very picky eater and they are very accomodating.  Our contact is Sarah and she is so nice.  We have had our final meeting with them already, and feel very comfortable with everthing for the big day. 
  • edited December 2011
    We used them for our wedding back in April and they were wonderful!  Tracy and Sarah and everyone we dealt with there were so great to work with.Tracy was such a help through the whole process and totally accommodated our off menu requests.  Sarah was a huge help before the wedding too and I didn't have to worry about anything.  The staff they provided us with at the wedding (it was a buffet) were really AWESOME.  We were tended to like we were royalty.  And our guests commented on how nice the service was, even though it was a buffet, they still checked that everyone had everything they needed.  They were so wonderful and I am still getting compliments about the food. The food was amazing!  We actually did it all Vegetarian and our guests loved it!  We got so many compliments on their macaroni and cheese!If you have any questions let me know, I loved working with them.  
  • edited December 2011
    PTD/Tracy were my absolute favorite vendors heading into the wedding ... amazing tasting, great customer service, fast responses to emails, etc.  Just a word of caution, though, they were the absolute worst (and only bad) vendor at our wedding.  I'm not here to rant because obviously the vast majority of people have perfect experiences with them, but just be sure to emphasize that you want them to: stick to their contract time line, actually have as many servers as you're paying for in your contract, communicate with you (or designated person) if something bad happens to throw things off course, and  verify that your chosen dishes can be made at a consistent quality on-site for the number of guests at the event.  These were just some of the many issues we dealt with at our reception.   I know that I probably had a rare experience, but I wish I would have asked these things beforehand (I wonder if I had raised certain questions or acted like I had doubts, if they would have been on better behavior ... like, "oh this one is going to be hard to please so we will really have to bring our A game").  I don't know ... just a thought from an obviously bitter bride.  haha  That said, I know they have a stellar reputation for a reason and that your night will be great!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards