California-San Diego
Options

Catamaran & Paradise Point

We are looking at having our wedding in San Diego (grew up during summers there). Any thoughts/experiences on Catamaran & Paradise Point? People will be coming from West and East Coast. We're looking at 250-300 max and we want it to be a place where everyone can relax and spend time together. Any other suggestions?

Re: Catamaran & Paradise Point

• Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Catamaran when I was searching for venues and was hugely disappointed with how dated it looked.  I looked at Paradise point, too, but don't remember anything negative about it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    anlindstanlindst member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If i had my choice I would pick Paradise Point of these two. I would also recommend you look at The Dana,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Paradise point is beautiful but their ballrooms are very blah. In think you would be spending a lot of money and not getting the best return.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Paradise Point is beautiful...its like your own private resort island. Its definitely on the pricey side (when I looked it was around $130 a person for chicken) but if I could afford it, I would've definitely had it there...good luck!
  • Options
    skimvaskimva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    catamaran is a wedding factory and rooms are very outdated.cheap and great location though...try coronado. great stuff to do, close to airport white sand beaches and Coronado Community center is gorgeous room overlookking bay and really inexpensive. hard to reserve because residents can book up to 2 years in advance but worth it..check it out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Paradise Point is beautiful, it's like a tropical paradise, but it is a bit costly. I've done business there before and it cost quite a penny, but very inclusive and beautiful.
  • Options
    konaemilykonaemily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got married at the Catamaran this past weekend, and the venue and service was A+.  We could not have asked for a more perfect day.  I would do it there again in a heartbeat. 
  • Options
    I'm getting married at Paradise Point!! The venue is absolutely gorgeous and not even comparable to other beach venues like Dana, Bahia or Catamaran. (Trust me I went everywhere!) Catamaran is dated and they have mulitple weddings on the weekends in the summer, kind of tacky decor in my opinion. Paradise Point is pricey (It's about $180/pp for chicken or salmon entree, open bar all night and taxes and gratuities) but is seriously makes you feel like you are somewhere else like Hawaii. I don't think the ballrooms are blah at all. They are simple, updated and elegant with a gorgeous view of mission bay  with floor to ceiling windows. Best of luck!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards