California-San Diego
Options

Good Jeweler in San Diego?

My boyfriend proposed to me on Christmas Eve with the most beautiful ring.  The only thing is it still has the CZ in it.  He bought the diamond online but it arrived later than expected and he didn't have time to get it set before Christmas Eve and he didn't want to not propose because of it. I called the place he bought the ring and it is going to take a week or 2 to put in the diamond and they are going to charge an addition $150 even though he bought the ring from them.  I really don't want to wait that long and I was wondering if anyone knew of a jeweler that could put in the new diamond in a day or 2 that is really reliable. The last thing I want is to lose the diamond once it is in the ring.

Re: Good Jeweler in San Diego?

• Options
    bmd14bmd14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend the Diamond Connection in Old Town.  That is where we got our rings and I couldn't be happier.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement!!!  You must be so excited!  My boyfriend proposed to me the same time last year :D 

I love Gary Gilmore: http://gggoldsmith.com/

He helped us custom design our wedding bands and we was such a pleasure to work with.  Good luck and happy planning!
    ~Margaret (and Nick)~
    Post-Wedding Life Blog!
    A10 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination: San Francisco!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could try Matt Meis...he's been great with every jewelry question I ask him and he specializes in wedding/engagement rings.
    http://www.mattmeis.com/

If you see him, tell him Kristin sent you :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We actually had a great experience with the customer service at Robbins Bros. They are so incredibly nice and helpful there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have worked with a great jeweler in San Diego called Hallman's Family Jewelers who is very personable and listens well.  He also has really great deals, and is by appointment only because he likes to be one on one with you with no distractions.  

Give him a call at 619-922-7501, just mention my name (Andrew) and he will give you a special discount.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    David and Sons in UTC/La Jolla has been wonderful to us. I highly recommend them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards