California-San Diego

Venue Selection Help

Hi!  We are recently engaged and looking for a venue, we are thinking the wedding will be about 125 people give or a take a few.  I am so glad there are so many options in san diego for venues but i feel so overwhelmed.  We don't have a budget nailed down but i think less than 10K would be most ideal for the venue & catering.  we ideally want the ceremony and reception in the same area.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: Venue Selection Help

• Congratulations ! 

Some of the ones that you could check into are the thursday club, mopa, leo carillo ranch, or san diego natural history - depends on what you are looking for :) beach ? outdoor? indoor? rustic? modern? eco ? 
  • Thanks for your reply.  I am open to a lot. I would love to have a gazeebo or an arch. I am fine doing some things but would like most done for me so I don't have to worry about anything.  I am very simple.

• edited April 2013
    I highly recommend my venue, Los Willows, and my officiant, Cathy Glenn. I mention Cathy because she is supplying our arch. She has 2 different kinds, one white and one bamboo. We're getting the bamboo and she brings it with her so we don't have to deal with it at all.Cool

ETA: Los Willows includes catering, the cake, a DOC, all the set up for the ceremony and reception which is the same location, as well as an on-site B&B. I don't want to have to deal with crap either.

Anniversary

• Thank you.  We have been engaged for about 6weeks and still nothing.  :/ I don't know if i want to spend a ton of money even though my budget is 15,000.... does anyone have any affordable wedding venue options?  We looked at the coronado community center, mission beach women's club, Mission Valley Resort, Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club and the Country Club of Rancho Bernardo.  I would prefer my ceremony outside, and everything at one venue if possible.  Thanks in advance!
  • In Response to Re: Venue Selection Help:
    [QUOTE]Thank you.  We have been engaged for about 6weeks and still nothing.  :/ I don't know if i want to spend a ton of money even though my budget is 15,000.... does anyone have any affordable wedding venue options?  We looked at the coronado community center, mission beach women's club, Mission Valley Resort, Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club and the Country Club of Rancho Bernardo.  I would prefer my ceremony outside, and everything at one venue if possible.  Thanks in advance!
    Posted by jco619[/QUOTE]

Hey, we didn't book our venue until about 6 months after we got engaged, so I think you're still in good shape. :) Have you looked at Marina Village? If not, check it out! We are having our reception there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards