California-San Diego

Cuvier Club - La Jolla

Has anyone had a wedding reception at the Cuvier Club in La Jolla? I just want to see if anyone has any reviews for this vendor. Thanks ladies! 

Re: Cuvier Club - La Jolla

• I was just reading reviews on that place on Yelp! By any chance do you know how much it costs to have a wedding and reception there?
  • I went to look at it but we ultimately decided on Scripps Seaside Forum instead. I don't think we ever got down to pricing but I know that they included a lot of things like their Chaivari chairs which are pretty expensive if you rent them on your own (which I"m finding out now :) ). I believe the same place owns them that owns the Abbey catering company so they give you a discount on the catering if you use them. We were also told that they have a vendor list that gives great discounts. They told us that they could do a $40,000k wedding for $15,000k because of their connections. When I inquired further, it was because they guarenteed certain vendors that they would get so many weddings a year. With that noted, I'm not sure of the quality of the vendors....

The ceremony site isn't the best. I think it was an old driveway they converted...But La Jolla's parks are super close so you can always hold the ceremony somewhere else if you didn't like their location for it.

You should set up an appointment to go visit. I just e-mailed them and met set up an appt for a Saturday. They also have an open house every Saturday I believe. It's super easy and that way you can see if you are even interested.

Hope this helps!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards