California-San Diego

REHEARSAL DINNER BY THE BEACH

HAVING A WEDDING AT PARADISE POINT RESORT. WOULD LIKE TO DO SOMETHIN REAL CASUAL ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE RESORT, LIKE ON THE GRASSY AREA BY THE WATER. DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF I HAVE TO HAVE A PERMIT OR SOMETHING JUST TO HAVE IT OUT THERE? CAN I JUST SET UP A BUFFET STYLE TABLE AND A TENT WITH SOME TABLES AND CHAIRS SOMEWHERE THAT'S OPEN?

Re: REHEARSAL DINNER BY THE BEACH

• MonciaanneMonciaanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ordinarily I would say I don't think you would have to have a permit, but I am sure it depends on how many people will be attending and how large of a tent you plan on having.  If it were just tables, chairs, food, drinks,  and 20 or so people (more like a bbq type thing) I wouldn't think you would need one.  To better be safe than sorry you could probably call the city of San Diego and find out their rules.
  • frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't need a permit for a small party, but you do if you are bringing a generator to have lighting or music or have a group bigger than 20ish.  You also cannot have alcohol there unless you apply for a sepearte special permit, which i think is pretty difficult to get and requires a licensed bartending staff, insurance, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry I have nothing to add to this but just wanted to say Congratulations. PPRS is amazing and you will not be disappointed! Everything was absolutely amazing and all my guest were raving about how beautiful it was and how amazing the food was. The staff was beyond amazing as well! Congrats and enjoy!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks you guys!!! I am so excited!!! it's coming in 3 weeks and omg i'm nervous, excited, happy, overwhelmed!!!

I saw one of those big park tables with the built in shade roof thing and i think i'll send my grooms guys down there to hold the fort! Right by the water. Casual. Maybe I'll hang white paper lanterns. Hmm...

cali girl. I think I checked out your setup before... how did you like your pprs vendors?

Cool
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards