California-San Diego
Options

DJ for $300?

Hi Brides!

Can you help me out?

I was wondering if it's even possible to get a DJ for about $300? I don't want to have to pay more for that. I'm having a simple Chinese banquet wedding and just need background music and for the DJ to play certain songs during games and such. Most Chinese weddings have no real dancing so I don't need a complete pro that knows how to work the crowd. Guests usually leave after dinner so that is why I just need something simple. However, everywhere I check, they are soo expensive. The cheapest I found was $650 and the DJ seemed kind of like the typical cheesy loud DJs. I would only need the DJ for about 4 hours.

My alternative would be to have a friend hook up the music with a laptop but I don't want the burden of putting together a bunch of songs or hearing any possible weird transitions of one song ending and another starting...Plus, I'm afraid our laptops or something would fail somehow.

What do you all think? Is my asking price even possible in San Diego county? Would it be best in my situation to do the laptop/ipod scenario?

Feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks so much Knotties!

Re: DJ for $300?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    dj bud silver.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker " Love for thy love and hand for hand I give" William Shakespeare
    110 Invitedimage 24 Ready to Partyimage 0 Missing Outimage 86 Making Us Waitimage
    RSVP Deadline: 10.06.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You get what you pay for. Any reputable DJ won't work for $300, IMO. Food, photos and entertainment are NOT where you want to skimp. Bad entertainment will ruin your night. Are there any other corners you can cut? The least expensive DJ I have found was $795 for 4 hours...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards