California-San Diego

Philadelphia Knottie looking for advice

Hello everyone!
My fiance's little sister moved out to San Diego several months ago.  She's having a blast!

We thought it would be fun to get her a gift card to an interesting restaurant in or around the city for the holiday.  

She's lives outside of the down-town area, but her office is in the city.
And she is not shy about trying something new or different.

I started with google, but then realized that the knot boards would be a great spot to try, as my board has been super helpful.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much, and best of luck with your planning!

Re: Philadelphia Knottie looking for advice

• San Diego has a bunch of cool spots!

Anthology is a spot that has really awesome live music (think stage with shows) and dinner: http://www.anthologysd.com/index.html it's in the Little Italy neighborhood of downtown.

The Melting Pot is a chain but it's one of my favorite fondue places. There's one downtown and one in La Jolla

Vin de Syrah is a very cool wine bar that does small bites of food. It's a fun, trendy place to go and they have all sorts of events there. Also downtown.

I like those ideas because it's not just food, it's a neat experience. But if you just want to get a gift certificate to a restaurant that serves great food, I also like Solare Lounge, Cafe Chloe, Cowboy Star, and Davanti Enoteca.
  • Sushi Deli! I think Sushi Deli 2 is the one downtown. Really good sushi, ridiculously cheap, and good drink specials. The downtown one is always poppin.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_philadelphia-knottie-looking-for-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:55584bbe-ac2d-4551-9963-779251c13d98Post:3d891f51-b532-4454-b54e-f76e9d3b700a">Philadelphia Knottie looking for advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone! My fiance's little sister moved out to San Diego several months ago.  She's having a blast! We thought it would be fun to get her a gift card to an interesting restaurant in or around the city for the holiday.   She's lives outside of the down-town area, but her office is in the city. And she is not shy about trying something new or different. I started with google, but then realized that the knot boards would be a great spot to try, as my board has been super helpful.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much, and best of luck with your planning!
    Posted by akryz33[/QUOTE]

<div>C Level lounge on Harbor Island- fun, chill, and a wonderful view of the city on the bay</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards