Ohio-Cincinnati

August weather

I am planning my wedding August 31st at Coney Island and their venue is completely outside. I am super nervous about the weather mostly the heat, being very humid. Can anyone tell me about their wedding during that time and how the weather was? It is going to be an evening wedding so starting at6 and ending at 12. Thanks for any advice/help!!!

Re: August weather

• You can do to the farmers almanac website and it will tell you the temperature and info for a particular day in a particular city up to 10 years back
  • You're taking a big gamble. I was married in August 2011. I can tell you that even at 10pm that evening as we returned to our hotel, it was 89 degrees and humid as hell.

If you decide to stick with your current plans, you need to be prepared with fans, and really anything else to make your guests more comfortable.
    Anniversary
  • I was a bridesmaid at a wedding at Coney years ago. it was about 99 that day. pics before the wedding were a nightmare, the men were so sweaty, and the flowers were wilted before the ceremony started. I don't recall the ceremony being that bad and the reception was fine as it started getting dark. my suggestion would be to have a late wedding and indoor pics somewhere else.
  • I would make sure you let your guests know it is going to be outside for everything.
  • I agree with everyone, and we got married in July.  Taking pictures in the park for one hour was one of the hardest things I have ever done.  I've been to Disneyworld in August and to the tropical SE Asia in September (where I'm originally from), but never in a heavy dress.  I managed to smile naturally in my pictures and hide my misery.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_august-weather?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:176e919f-44cb-48a5-aa02-b3f01db2f28cPost:3491a296-a03b-4c56-98f1-b9d732dae1fa">Re: August weather</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're taking a big gamble. I was married in August 2011. I can tell you that even at 10pm that evening as we returned to our hotel, it was 89 degrees and humid as hell. If you decide to stick with your current plans, you need to be prepared with fans, and really anything else to make your guests more comfortable.
    Posted by lindsaynewbride10[/QUOTE]

<div>THIS!  My brother got married on August 27, 2011 and it was very hot and humid.  The ceremony was inside a church so that was fine, but their reception was in a barn outside without air conditioning... needless to say everyone was very hot.  Be prepared for guests to be uncomfortable.  Do anything you can to make them as comfortable as possible!  Have fun planning!</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards