Ohio-Cincinnati

Embassy Suites Covington, KY

*First Post, hopefully I am doing this correctly*
Has anyone been to a wedding reception here? If so any details would be amazing! Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Embassy Suites Covington, KY

• I have been to a reception there. As well as our wedding and reception will be held there in June.

The reception that I went to was very nicely done. The food was good. The Captain's Ballroom over looks the city. They have a great location.  

I can say Shannon (the wedding coordinator) is awesome. She knows her stuff and is on top of it. She responds to every email in a timely manner and does everything to give you the correct answers. I can't say enough about her. We also have friends getting married there in March and they have had the same experience thus far as us.
    They include a lot into there packages as well. They have nice incentives if you book with them. You get a free room the night of the wedding. But for us you get Hilton points for every dollar you spend (which you can increase these points if you have a Hilton credit card. When all said and done we will have several nights free for our honeymoon.

Anything else I can help with just PM me.

Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Our wedding reception is there - July 14th 2012 - it's an afternoon reception in the Captain View room - about 75 guests.

Shannon is AMAZING. She is readily available by email or phone - she's very informative and honest.

The venue is beautiful and includes a ton with it!

For the person above me - how do you go about collecting those Hilton points - because it would be AWESOME to use those for our honeymoon?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Become a loyality member through the Hilton. This is a free loyality program. 

You automatically get 1 point per dollar you spend (Shannon will tell you this). If you register for the Hilton credit card you get another 5 points per dollar. You also get points if you set up a block of rooms. If your guests are not loyality members you can also get there points.

You can then redeem these points for hotel rooms. It does depend on where you are going and the type of Hilton you are staying in though. 
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Thank You for all the input! We are looking at the room with the "views" we have approximately 150 guests to invite, therefore maybe 135 guests total at our reception. We fell in love with the view and as my fiance' and I are the only ones living in the Cincinnati area, we wanted to give our guests something to talk about! Good luck in planning the rest of your weddings and let me know how your weddings go!
    Thank you!
    BTW- we talked to Megan, after you book are you put in touch with Shannon?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_embassy-suites-covington-ky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:178787c8-1f75-4660-bfc4-7a695813f37bPost:19d4902a-517e-4edd-840d-776427fb3763">Re: Embassy Suites Covington, KY</a>:
    [QUOTE]Become a loyality member through the Hilton. This is a free loyality program.  You automatically get 1 point per dollar you spend (Shannon will tell you this). If you register for the Hilton credit card you get another 5 points per dollar. You also get points if you set up a block of rooms. If your guests are not loyality members you can also get there points. You can then redeem these points for hotel rooms. It does depend on where you are going and the type of Hilton you are staying in though. 
    Posted by HarperBargo[/QUOTE]

Wow! Thanks for sharing - totally appreciate it. :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Megan takes phone calls for Shannon when she isn't available. I agree with all the ladies above. Shannon is helping my fiance and I plan our wedding there in Dec 2012 and she is wonderful. Always on her game and puts up with incessant quesitons. haha
  • FYI ladies - Shannon is no longer with the company.  I worked with her for over a year on my wedding at the Embassy and when I went in for my tasting two weeks ago, they informed me that she wasn't there anymore (even though I had just spoken with her a week prior).  Since then, several things that had been worked out with me and my fiance throughout the planning process are being overlooked and questioned because they were in verbal conversations with Shannon and not in email or in our contract.  Needless to say, the situation has left a VERY bad taste in my mouth over my upcoming wedding there.
  • I know that I am a bit late with this posting, but my wedding is also scheduled for September at the Embassy Suites Covington. I have some concerns as well since Shannon left the company and Megan is now in her place. Shannon and I had also discussed something's verbally that were not in the written contract, and since she has left, their have been some discrepancies. Especially with the parking. If there are any other brides that are going through the same thing, I would like to chat. I am upset that I have signed a contract for thousands of dollars for a venue that I am in love with, however I am apprehensive about the staff. One of the main reasons I went with the Embassy Suites is because Shannon was so honest and helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards