California-San Diego
Options

My Dream Wedding at Paradise Point Resort July 21st (HEAVY PIP)

I finally have a free minute after getting back from my honeymoon to write about our wedding! Our wedding was on July 21st at Paradise Point Resort in Mission Bay. My wedding was everything I had wanted it to be and more! My colors were magenta, lime green and orange. I used lots of orchids and was going for a "tropical chic" look. Everything looked so gorgeous when everything came together and my vendors went above and beyond to make sure my day was perfect. I don't know what I would have done without our DOC, Julie Scivener from The Best Wedding For You. She was amazing and handled everything for us, so my mom, bridesmaids and I could relax and enjoy the morning before the cermeony sipping on mimosas rather than setting out place cards.  Rehearsal and rehearsal dinner was great and was a big hit. It was held at our favorite sushi restaurant in La Jolla, Aloha Sushi. The outside back of the restuarant was all ours and everyone sat under white cabanas lined up in a square leaving an open area in the middle to socialize. Husband loved his Chargers themed grooms cake I got him.
Morning of the wedding I felt great, calm and rested. I had slept in my parents suite Friday night. We started hair and makeup at 10:30 and all 8 of us went as scheduled and even finished up early. The day was going by slow up until the point it was my turn for hair and makeup and before I knew it I'm putting my dress on and getting wisked to the ceremony on a golf cart. The weather was gorgeous in San Diego on the day of our wedding . 78 degrees and sunny. The low beach clouds did come in right before sunset, so we didn't get sunset pics, but not a big deal.

The ceremony site was gorgeous, more than I could have imagined it to be. I started getting really emotional when I heard the music playing and realized it was just me and my dad left. I couldn't even look at my dad because I knew I would lose it. I pulled myself together after getting teary eyed and walked down the aisle to see my husband. He looked so handsome and he was all I saw when walking down the aisle. He was a blubbery crying mess at this point, lol. So sweet! Our ceremony went perfect, other than our flower girl wouldn't walk down the aisle, so the best man and maid of honor walked her down.

All of our pictures were taken during our cocktail hour and I feel they were a little rushed, but I'm sure there will be some great shots still. It's amazing how fast an hour goes by! We had a golf cart stocked with champagne for us that took us around to different spots of the resort for pics. It was important to H and I that we didn't see each other until the ceremony. Our reception was so high energy and fun. Our guests loved the photo booth, it was a big hit! Our food was amazing and was just as good as our tasting, the cake was amazing too! The toasts were hearfelt and sweet and my poor maid of honor cried the whole way through her speech, lol. Our first dance went smooth as we danced to Baby I love Your Way and I teared up when dancing with my dad during the father/daughter dance to I Loved Her First by Heartland. Our guests loved the glowsticks and necklaces! Our dance floor was packed until midnight thanks to our DJ, Mick from Elite British DJ. He also set up our gorgeous uplighting. We left after our grand sparkler exit in a golf cart that took us to our suite for the night. No time for lingerie this night! lol

I really could not have asked for a more perfect night! I wish I could relive it over and over. The only negative thing that happened was one of my bridesmaid's boyfriends broke up with her in between pictures and cocktail hour. He called her on the phone and did this after being together 4 years and living togeher! Such a jerk! My bridesmaid pulled herself together though and I didn't even find out about it until halfway through our reception.

Our honeymoon was a dream. We went to Aruba for 8 days. I wrote a recap on it on the honeymoon board with pics if interested. I would also highly reccommend all of my vendors if anyone is looking to plan their wedding.

I don't have any profesional pics back yet, just ones people have posted on facebook!
H, I  & bridesmaids at rehearsal dinner

Grooms Cake

Hair and makeup done!

Outside the bridal suite

Daddy walking me down the aisle

First kiss!

View from the deck of our cocktail hour

Our gorgeous bridal party!

First dance

Dancing with hubby!

Cake

Centerpiece

Ready for garter toss

Grandma/Grandpa in photo booth, so cute!

Sparkler exit!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: My Dream Wedding at Paradise Point Resort July 21st (HEAVY PIP)

• Options
    Congrats!!!

Thanks so much for the detailed story  Smile

Random question, but where did you get your sparklers?  How did the sparkler send off work?  I've never been to a wedding that had one, but love the idea!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    engaged on 5/29/11... Kelly & Andy to be married -- September 29, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards