California-San Diego

HELLLLPPPP!!!! SERIOUSLY!

Originally our wedding date was set for 8/1712013 but my mom is sick with Pancreatic Cancer :((( and we are moving it up to 11/17/12!!! Alittle more than 2months away! I need some major help! Need caterer for cheap 150 people on list. I need a florist, 5 bridesmaids. I need EVERYTHING pretty much! Any ideas people?! I would be so appreciative... Thanx in advance!

Re: HELLLLPPPP!!!! SERIOUSLY!

• So sorry to hear about your mom. I would start with a venue and call around like crazy. You may have luck because it's not the summer. The abbey is a catering company that works with a ton of venues so you might want to start with them and see what's available. Because it's coming up so quick you might want to hire a wedding planner to help with the details. Def agree with the PP that posting a list of what you need with an idea of what you see for your wedding would be helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto what PP's have said. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. :( Don't panic, and just start calling around. My best friend planned her wedding in 6 weeks, so it's totally doable! Wishing you and your family the best.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry to hear about your mom as well. I'm not sure how much of a budget you are on, knowing that, although it's personal - would be very helpful. I've heard Sam's Club does beautiful wedding florals cheaply. For catering, try BBQ places or Mexican food caterers. I've attended some great weddings that had delicious Mexican food and heard it was very inexpensive. I agree with the PP requesting more info about what exactly you need so we can help!
  • Thank you all for well wishes... I am literally starting from scratch. In need of everything from the gown to the favors....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_hellllpppp-seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:6883c373-c958-4b1f-8473-1302e2dad654Post:8126cb07-463c-4e95-a168-06fc7fe0fabd">Re: HELLLLPPPP!!!! SERIOUSLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all for well wishes... I am literally starting from scratch. In need of everything from the gown to the favors....
    Posted by tramarieb[/QUOTE]

Well, for the gown, I think your best bet is to go to some of the bridal salons in town and see what you can find off the rack. When I tried on dresses at David's Bridal a couple weeks ago, I was told that the time between ordering and actually receiving my gown would be 6-8 weeks.

As for favors, you don't need them. Totally unnecessary. I think we are going to skip them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    Bekker's Catering (formerly West Coast Caterers)--they have BBQ packages that start at $6.99/person, but they have a lot more choices than just BBQ too. We used them for our wedding and people loved the food. They were great to work with and very reasonably priced.

imageimage
  • Are you crafty at all? Or have a budget that some people here can keep in mind when suggesting? If you're on that much of a crunch, flowers can be ordered wholesale through Costco, bridesmaid dresses can be found at local mall stores if you're not too picky, most restaurants will cater just depending on what you want. And i'm sorry to hear about your mom as well. Best wishes :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know I posted it below but I beyond loved my florist- Michelle Schumard of Sweet Pea Floral Company (and she is reasonable, imaginative, and easy to work with). 
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Pea-Flower-Company-San-Diego-Wedding-Florist/114938413103

Cakes- I loved Twiggs Bakery and they were great if they are available.

Michelle works with people who do planning too like these folks https://www.facebook.com/EventityInc

Good luck! Ask questions when you have more of them.
  • Thank you allll soooo much! I am still looking and getting it together. I know a coordinator and a photographer, so I'm slowly but surely getting there.
  • how is your progress going?!  do you need any last minute help?!
  • need a makeup artist?  Try kissnmakeup4u.com,  she is awesome.  She does wedding corrdination as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards