California-San Diego
Options

Happy Friday!!!

Can't wait until the work day is over!!! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Happy Friday!!!

• Options
    Me neither! I have to work a little bit this weekend though, so... bleh... haha. How did the move go? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Chelsea! Can you see me? It was just me (twice) on the other post. I just said that I think you'd make a great MOD! 
  • Options
    It went great! I"m so happy it's over. We really love the area so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome! Any big plans for the weekend? Aside from working, FI wants to go test drive a car. His truck is almost paid off, and we are thinking of buying a new vehicle within the next half a year or so. We need something in between his massive truck and my tiny 2-door coupe... something more kid-friendly perhaps? LOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nothing big. I def need to do some wedding planning, :) What kind of car?? That's exciting!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well... haha. FI has been wanting a Dodge Challenger for ages. I was opposed to it - thinking we should get an SUV or something bigger so that we can fit child safety seats in it. But FI REALLY REALLY wants that Challenger, so I finally said F-it. I did some online research and it turns out that you can fit safety seats in it anyway. So... we will probably test drive the Challenger and see how we like it! 

What sort of wedding planning are you doing this weekend? We need to start making calls and gathering addresses for our save-the-dates. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How was the test drive?
    I did NO wedding planning this weekend like I was suppossed to. Sigh. This week I am getting on it for sure. I need to try to find someone that does vegan airbrushing at a reasonable price. I also need to send the rehersal dinner info to my FMIL so I can make sure she's happy with it all. My mom and sister are going to be here next weekend (the 22nd) so I need to make appointments to do stuff with them.

We sent our STDs last week. So excited!! Getting the addresses and list from my mom was a challenge! Good luck with that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_happy-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:6e1b03ce-7692-4310-ac9b-51c702a7fd63Post:dc747f5d-a54c-43fb-bf57-2cff829320e3">Re: Happy Friday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How was the test drive? I did NO wedding planning this weekend like I was suppossed to. Sigh. This week I am getting on it for sure. I need to try to find someone that does vegan airbrushing at a reasonable price. I also need to send the rehersal dinner info to my FMIL so I can make sure she's happy with it all. My mom and sister are going to be here next weekend (the 22nd) so I need to make appointments to do stuff with them. We sent our STDs last week. So excited!! Getting the addresses and list from my mom was a challenge! Good luck with that.
    Posted by kay136[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>OMG, I didn't realize you responded until like, today... and it's already another Friday. :) Test drive was really fun. FI drove a Dodge Challenger and I drove a Dodge Ram... really really want one! </div><div>
    </div><div>Where are you having your RD? </div><div>
    </div><div>Do you have your dress yet? If not, you should take your mom and sis shopping with ya when they are here next weekend. :)

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    haha np- sometimes its hard to keep up with the responses and they don't always go to e-mail!!! We are almost 100% having the RD at Prospect Bar & Grill in La Jolla. We are working out the contract now but will be renting out the whole outside patio. Very excited. It's really close to the hotels too which will be good.

I don't have my dress yet do you? I knew the dress would be hard for me... I have one that I like a lot but is there something better out there??? Maybe... I went to five shops and really don't want to go to anymore haha. We do have an appoitment at Bridal and Tuxedo Galleria for this Saturday so I can show them the one I am thinking about. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just checked out the website for Prospect Bar & Grill - I have never been there - and it looks awesome. Love the patio with the view. And I saw a picture of buffalo wings right off the bat, which totally won me over. :) 

I do not have my dress yet, but I am pretty sure which one I want. I have gone twice... first time with my mom, I tried on about 8 dresses and narrowed it down to 2. Second time was a little bit tougher as I was trying to compare my top 2 from the previous sesh. I really had no idea which one to choose, and then my friend suggested I try on a veil just for fun... and it really completed the second dress. I honestly had tears in my eyes when I looked at myself with the dress and veil. LOL! So, I think that's the one. I am kinda sad that my mom and sisters weren't there to share in that moment, but it's okay. Now I just need to work up the balls to say that it is my final decision and go and purchase. We are 10 months out so I have to do it soon! Eek. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Def go to Propect Bar and Grill! We like to go weekend afternoons and sit outside on the patio. They have live music and a really delicious pomegranate martini haha.

I'm with you on working up the nerve to say that's the dress!!! It's hard. Ugh, I keep thinking I should look at a few more places but I don't want to!!! hahahaha. I'm not the typical bride when it comes to dress shopping. I just get too overwhelmed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Pomegranate martini...  yum. :) Don't worry, you will find the right dress! Dress shopping is overwhelming, but going with your mom and sis will make it fun. Is there a particular style that you want? I am really excited to see what we both end up with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like fit and flair. I'm in a panic over not being able to decide on a dress. I'm going to ISIS again alone Friday morning. I have brought so many different people with me I think I just need to go it alone. Then I might bring my mom and sister there on Sunday.

I am going to post my two favorites so far on the attire board let me know what you think :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good idea! You're totally right... many opinions isn't necessarily a good thing. That is why I have only gone dress shopping with two people - my mom and a trusted friend. Choosing your wedding dress is such a personal thing, and every woman has their own idea of the perfect dress for them. In the end the only opinion that matters with respect to the dress is YOURS. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards