California-San Diego
Options

venue ideas?

I'm looking for a nice outdoor ceremony site in San Diego -- something tropical or garden-setting with any kind of water (ocean view, man-made waterfalls, whatever) that won't break the bank.
Definitely somewhere that we're not staring at the side of a hotel.

I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for.  Please help!!

Re: venue ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what they cost, but check out the Ocean View Villas.  I've read a lot of great things about them on Bridal Insider.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marina Village has a lot of great rooms for many different receptions sizes and you get to bring your own caterer. The Japanese Friendship Garden and other sites at Balboa Park also host weddings. The Promenade is the old military school I think, it's in Point Loma and they also have various outdoor venues.

Look through the local resource guide on here for other pointers, it definitely depends on your budget...I've found that the ocean view comes with a steep price, but could definitely be worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While I'm not sure if there are any water views, you should check our Quail Botanical Gardens (up in Encinitas), it's gorgeous and one of my good friend's is getting married there next year and she was talking about how happy she was with their pricing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would check out the wedding bowl in La Jolla. It depends on how big of a wedding you want though.  It's very inexpensive to rent the site and you'd just have to rent the chairs, etc.
    He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
  • Options
    MaderasGolfMaderasGolf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I came across your posting looking for wedding venues.  I work for Maderas Golf Club (and also was married here before I started working for the company), but we have two really great outside "garden" style ceremony sites that I think would be great for your location.  Please visit our website:

www.maderasweddings.com

If you are interested in coming out to tour, please give me a call or email. I would love to show your our venue.

Best of luck planning your wedding.  I hope you find a great location.

Mari-Grace Delia
    858-217-2652
    mgdelia@maderasgolf.com
  • Options
    sunglassqueensunglassqueen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Catamaran Hotel or Presidio Point above old town? they have a really cool park up there and an old church.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards