California-San Diego

help

Help! I need to set a date....but cannot find a venue in my budget, or even know what my budget should be in reality! Does anyone have any good ideas for a very budgeted wedding reception venue for Oct. or Nov. 2011. We are thinking brunch, very simple reception, like early afternoon. We have 150 guests estimated, possibly less, &having a hard time finding an affordable place to hold everyone. 
Thanks!!!!!

Re: help

• edited December 2011
    Help! I need to set a date....but cannot find a venue in my budget, or even know what my budget should be in reality! Does anyone have any good ideas for a very budgeted wedding reception venue for Oct. or Nov. 2011. We are thinking brunch, very simple reception, like early afternoon. We have 150 guests estimated, possibly less, &having a hard time finding an affordable place to hold everyone. 
    Thanks!!!!!
  • sonya_hoffsonya_hoff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    perhaps you should move this to your local board? they would have a better idea of what is available in your area.

Try someone's back yard, parks, VFWs, firehalls, etc.
  • JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, you should post this on your local wedding board. Look on the left side of the screen and click on local board and find your city. You'll be able to find more resources.
    Some general affordable places are Church halls where you can bring in catered food. You can always have a punch and cake reception, as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JenGin74JenGin74 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You really should try your local board.

You already have an approximate number of guests, now you need to figure out how much money TOTAL you can spend on the wedding.

imageimage
  • lizliemandtlizliemandt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best deal that I have found is the VIsta Optomist Club in North County.  You can bring in your own caterer and alcohol (which will save you a LOT), and the rental fee for the venue is very reasonable. 

http://www.vistaoptimist.org/facilities.html

Another great options is a wedding on one of the bases.  There are a few different options (see the link below).  If you are not in the military, then someone will need to sponsor you, but in SD that isn't hard to find...

http://www.sdbg.com/

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    You do not need somebody to sponsor you to get married on the military base.
    The Vineyard in Escondido is really affordable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker " Love for thy love and hand for hand I give" William Shakespeare
    110 Invitedimage 24 Ready to Partyimage 0 Missing Outimage 86 Making Us Waitimage
    RSVP Deadline: 10.06.10
  • edited December 2011
    I am thinking The Bristol downtown... that was the cheapest place I found when I was searching. Not all too sure what your budget is though...
  • edited December 2011
    It would help to have an idea of the kind of budget you are working with and if you have any ideas on what type of environment you might like to have.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards