California-San Diego
Options

Helzberg Diamonds Nightmare - Part II

Well, after everything they didn't do (deliver on time) and did do (lie and ruin my wedding day surprise for my fiance), Helzberg did it again.

First, I sent an email to customer service.  After 14 days, no response.  Despite the fact that they said they would respond within 2-3 business days.

Second, I was supposed to get my ring March 19.  Specifically, after all we have been through, they told me they would call me as soon as they got the ring back from engraving.  Yesterday, I called to find out where it was.

The manager, Paulette, said the ring was in the store.  I asked her why I hadn't gotten a telephone call.  She said it must have just come in, so she hadn't gotten around to making phone calls yet..  I told her it was supposed to arrive the 19th.  She checked her book and said that it did.  I again asked her why I didn't get a call.  This time, she said that they no longer call customers about orders arriving in the store.  So, basically she lied to me.  Do they or don't they call?  She changed her answer in less than 60 seconds.  I hate being lied to.  Just tell me there was a delay, or something got overlooked.

I told her my experience had been nothing but a nightmare with Helzberg.  She apologized as the manager of the store.  Her store is the most poorly managed I have ever been to.  There is a complete lack of communication among the staff.  And no one bothers to check on arrival dates, they just guess at them.

I explained to her that I had this hope that we would always go to the same jeweler where we got my engagement and our wedding rings.  (I know it's a little corny, but we thought it would be cool.)  I further explained that I already told my fiance not to even bother getting my wedding present there.  He can go to ANY jeweler EXCEPT HELZBERG DIAMONDS.  She asked if there was anything they could do.  Well, they are a day late and a dollar short.

We almost didn't get our ring on time.  I know there are two weeks left... but that is cutting it too close.  We should have had the ring about 6 weeks ago.

AGAIN, I DO NOT RECOMMEND HELZBERG DIAMOND AS YOUR JEWELER.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards