California-San Diego

san diego reception site

Please help need a reception site for about 150 people at a resonable price. or even a location where i could bring your own food and alcohol.Also how much per person are people paying??

wedding date 7/30/10

Re: san diego reception site

• KatieFitz84KatieFitz84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just getting started with reception stuff myself. Isn't  it a nightmare?! From what you wrote, I'd definitely check out Marina Village. They have different sized rooms, and you can bring your own food and beverages (only two rooms require you to use a specific caterer). I'm not sure how much per person I'm paying yet...

Anyways, I hope that helps! Congratulations!
  • kjhharriskjhharris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd second the Marina Village recommendation; FMIL throws corporate events there all the time and it's reasonable and they really work with you.  If FI hadn't insisted that he didn't want a ballroom for the reception it would have been a top candidate.
  • frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours at the museum of photographic arts in balboa park.  The place charges you a rental fee and provides the tables and chairs, and you have to bring in your own caterer, bartender, etc.  It is very reasonably priced, and they have an option for a ceremony location too, or you can do it at another location in Balboa Park.
  • amber2123amber2123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I hope that's supposed to be 2011
    2. There's tons of little BNB places in Julian and surroundings areas that are awesomely priced..but a little out of the way
    The last flower to bloom is often the most beautiful Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • vinscenavinscena member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Ultimate Skybox/Diamond View Tower, downtown. You can bring your own alch and choose from a list of caterers.
    "Stay classy San Diego" - Ron Burgundy
  • edited December 2011
    We used La Mesa Community Center. You can bring in your own caterer and your own alcohol. http://www.cityoflamesa.com/index.aspx?NID=554
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions the date is 7/30/2011. Also has anyone looked at the 94th aero squadron??
  • edited December 2011
    I actually looked at the 94th Aerosquadron. If you are looking at 150 people, it would be pretty tight. Plus, the one drawback was that it isn't one open space. The rooms are kind of divided up. I really love that place though.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011

How about Holiday inn bayside?anyone ever been to a recption there

• edited December 2011
    The Holiday Inn by the Bay is very nice. I have never been to a wedding there, but we attend a yearly dinner dance there and FI and I always enjoy it. The ballrooms are great. I do not know about the price though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards