California-San Diego
Options

Help plz! AZ MOH planning a San Diego Bachelorette weekend!

Hi ladies

I am planning a girls weekend in San Diego for my friend's bachelorette. Its roughly planned Nov 5-7, but could be a different weekend if there's something going on in Nov we shouldn't miss.

Any locale/hotel recommendations? Not really caring about beach stuff since its Fall, but any help is much apprecaited!

TIA

Re: Help plz! AZ MOH planning a San Diego Bachelorette weekend!

• Options
    frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of things are your friends into?  Are you girls wine girls?  There are lots of places in Temecula that do wine tours.  I know a lot of people that have rented limos and done bachelorette parties that way.  Are you girls looking to go out to bars or clubs and do the night life thing?  If so you will want to check out the gaslamp quarter.  There are a lot of upscale clubs there, and a lot of nice, trendy boutique hotels.  If you are looking for a spa weekend, I can offer a few suggestions as well.  
  • Options
    tonysfastalitonysfastali member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Frenchy! Yes, Temecula/Spa weekend would be a good combo if we could swing it. We thought of Napa, but its too far to travel from AZ. Also Gaslamp could be really fun for a different nightlife setting, but honestly we are all over 30 and prob looking more for a relaxing, enjoy-each-other type event rather than a big party fest. Any recommendations or insights you have would be great! Anything going on (festivals, special annual events) in Nov we should know about?

Thanks again
  • Options
    *calimomma**calimomma* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going Downtown for my Bachelorette ther are lots of hotels & thngs to do there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ew, Temecula?  That's up in the middle of nowhere!  If you actually want to be IN San Diego, don't go there, hon.  If you're open-minded, my suggestion is to take her to Lips, it's an all-drag show that I believe serves dinner as well.  A friend of mine went and said it was PHENOMINAL!  If not, I'd say go to the Gaslamp, though it can get a little crazy, even though that's the idea!
  • Options
    frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I disagree with sweetlilpsycho.  If you are looking for excellent wine tasting opportunities and tranquil day spas, temecula has that.  You said you were looking for a quite get-a-way. 

Look into the South Coast Winery Resort & Spa.  http://www.southcoastwinery.com/

There are also several limo companies that do tours to a lot of different wineries 

But if you want to be more in the city, feel free to private message me on recomendations for things to do!
  • Options
    kashibearkashibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good news! I'm from AZ (Phx) and moved out to SD 2 years ago. After living in Arizona for 20+ years and growing up there, I definitely know what you are hoping to get out of a "San Diego Vacation". Most people who live in AZ go to San Diego for the beach. Since you are going in Nov, obviously it will be a little chilly for that! ;) I went to a wine tour in Temecula in January with some friends, and it was fun.. but I don't think that's the best San Diego has to offer. I would suggest going to a couple of places.. 1) For a fun, nice lunch or a pretty nice dinner, go to C-Level/Island Prime. It's right over by the airport (5 mins..MAYBE). I took my parents here when they came to visit, and they LOVED it! It's on the water (literally..half the restaurant is on stilts), and a good place for groups. There are a few nice spas out here too.. Glen Ivy, Massage Envy SPA, etc. Come out here..shop..enjoy the weather..relax. *Just be careful.. you may end up like me and move out here! ;)

Good luck!

Photobucket

TTC Buddies with Becca050110, mischiefmanaging, Renee1105 & Shortie24!

TTC Since Jan 2012 Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister planned my bachelorette and she's also from AZ and I live in SD :-)  I'm 30 and also wanted something not tooooo crazy but still fun and different.  We started with games at the Mariott downtown where we rented a room for myself and a few of my out of town girls.  We then walked over to the Shout House, a dueling piano bar.  It's fun because they bring you up on stage.  When you reserve a table you get to have your own space all night and aren't dealing with crazy 21 year olds and fighting a crowd. 

Afterwards we went to Jimmy Loves for a regular "Bar" experience.  It was so fun and I was in bed by 11 pm (drunk of  course).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards