California-San Diego

Instant photo magnets - favors

Hi girls,
What do you think about this wedding favors?

Re: Instant photo magnets - favors

• uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Were you thinking of using an e-oic type of picture? Kind of like the first sample of Diana and Gary?

Here's my thing about non-edible favors...
    1. What would I do as a guest with a magnet, deck of cards, match book, whatever? It would end up in the trash someday. I would probably hang up your magnet but, to be honest, in 10 years when I'm spring cleaning out a kitchen drawer and I see the magnet, I would probably toss it.

2. As the bride, what would I do with leftovers/ones that guests left behind? I might use one or two in a scrapbook. After that, toss them.

The magnets are cute. I really do like them. I just don't find non-edible favors to be practical.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • edited December 2011

I really like the sample of "Bella Vista High School" under school events; it matches my wedding colors :)

I think differently…

The reason why i don’t like edible favors is because after you eat them, you forget about them.

On the other hand, the magnets for example will make sure that my guests will really use it because they can hang it on their fridge. It is a pic of them at my wedding. Why would someone throw away a picture of themselves? If my distant third cousin twice removed had a magnet with a picture of me and my husband hanging on the fridge, then YES, years later during spring cleaning…that is going in the trash, but it’s not a picture of me…it is a picture of her and her kids or her and her husband taken at my wedding.

I think this is the photo booth killer for sure! Laughing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards