California-San Diego
Options

So far away

I feel like my wedding is so far away!  We are planning for april 20th 2012 with a budget of about 11-12,000. I want to start planning because im so excited but my fiance is in the military and we are delaying the wedding so much so we can save money while he leaves for depeloyment in july 2011. We plan on gettin married in the courthouse in Jan 2011 so we can start getting the extra money to have our dream wedding but i cant have a set in stone wedding date because they said he will be gone for 7months but anyone who knows the military understands that it could really be 9months. He wont know the exact dates until he is actually on cruise!!! So stressful! Any advice? Undecided
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: So far away

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Advice: a good glass of wine Smile  I'm in a similar situation:  my fiance is going to be deployed next February-June so we're planning a September wedding just to give the Navy 2 extra months to mess up the schedule! 

I've found that flipping through all the many bridal magazines is a good way to get ideas without actually planning anything or spending money!  Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're already on the right track because you're planning for a Friday wedding. More venues should be available for that date. If the date has to change you're better off finding an opening on a Friday or Sunday (plus those days might have a cheaper rate). You should start by making files and gathering ideas for decor and venues. It may be overwhelming because you'll have so many ideas saved but after a while you'll find similarities that will take shape. And be patient! It should be fun! : )

If you have more questions of need more help contact me.

Briana
    http://dalioncelebrations.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Start planning early.  I agree with getting married on an off day.  We got married on a Thursday because our venue was booked for years in advance, it was perfect because the majority of our guests were from out of town.

If you are military - look into using 1 of the military sites for your wedding and reception.  We used the Admiral Kidd Club.  The view is amazing, the price is affordable, food is good, and view is amazing (I know that is said twice, it deserves to be said twice). 

Look @ other brides' bios for sources of inspiration - I found so much info on here.  Also look @ the wedding classifieds on the Knot or Trash to Treasure on the Nest.  I bought things @ a discounted rate instead of paying full price.  I found my bra, table runners, crinoline, seashells, etc. from these places. 

And lastly - do your research before booking anything. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards