California-San Diego

Is April too cold for an outdoor reception?

Hi, I just moved to the area from out of state and am planning my wedding for next April. Easter weekend actually. We are throwing around ideas of having the reception at home in the late afternoon/evening and I am worried that it will be too cold. What do you ladies think?

Re: Is April too cold for an outdoor reception?

• ekilzer1ekilzer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's hardly ever "too cold" to have an outdoor reception in San Diego. 

But April is going to be colder than other months- there is generally a lot of cloud cover (although we don't have a cute rhyme for it think May Gray and June Gloom). 

You can always rent a couple of the outdoor heaters if you are really concerned. 
  • wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding in early April, and we had a 4pm ceremony and cocktail hour outdoors.  The dinner was inside, but there was also a large patio for people to go out on and watch the sunset, etc.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day.  

I think as long as you rent heaters, you should be fine.  It also matters where in San Diego you are having your wedding.  If it was on the coast, it will be cooler than inland. Sometimes the temperature difference is significant.
  • edited December 2011
    You should not have a problem. Usually it is never that cold in Southern California but like everyone else said maybe just rent some heaters and I don't know if you guys have thought about having tents or anything but if you ahve a tent then this might make the area seem more enclosed and could block some of the coldness.
  • edited December 2011
    I would just have an alternate back up plan, just in case. Typically April is nice, but the weather can sometimes be unpredictable. I would recommend having a tent or at least have one on standby. You can also rent portable heaters like they have at restaurants too if needed that weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards