California-San Diego
Options

Yai...one of my dresses is in.....BUT

.....it doesn't fit right.

I ordered a gorgeous dress from Alfred Angelo in San Diego back on MLK day. I picked it up YESTURDAY. So the turn around on the dress was quite quick, however, it didn't fit me like a glove.

When I tried on the floor model, it was perfect. Size 8, fitted like a glove. So I was hoping that once mine comes in, it would be the same. NOPE. The dress had extra fabric on the body of the dress, so now I got to get that altered. Everything else is wonderful.

Did I say anything to AA? Nope. What for? All I will get is hot air on how this was suppose to be made this way, how the measurements were taken properly and that they are sorry and will take another 3 weeks to get it done properly and that I will be charged for alterations.

NOPE, don't want to deal with them. Alfred Angelo in San Diego has the grumpiest staff on duty. I came in with that dress in mind, ordered it in 30 minutes. 

I will take my dress to get it altered at a skilled seamstress and won't have to deal with AA's snappy staff. No biggie really.

Just a little bump on the road.

If you MUST order from Alfred Angelo in San Diego, I wish you the best of luck and the most patience to you. The manager has been doing this for too long and has lost that 'wonderful feeling of helping new brides.'

Re: Yai...one of my dresses is in.....BUT

• Options
    mininicklemininickle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know what...the one in huntington beach where i got my dress did that for all of my bridesmaid dresses...I brought them in and they got measured and the dresses STILL came back too big for ALL of them. I think they scheme to get alteration money out of everyone but my girls are taking their business somewhere else. If I wasn't totally in love with my dress i'd be pissed. lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How crazy, I had just the opposite problem, 3 of my girls' dresses were too tight.  The reason they gave for that was that while the floor model fit, the floor models are stretched out from being tried on so much, so the actual dresses would be smaller than what they tried on (not that they bothered to tell my bridesmaids that when they ordered the dresses, sigh).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards