California-San Diego
Options

Day of Wedding Coordinator Suggestions

I'm kind of frustrated I had a great DOC picked contract signed and deposit paid for my wedding and today I just got an email that she's pregnant and won't be able to actually be there the day of the wedding, but she could have her assistant do it.  I really don't feel comfortable with that, especially because the whole point of a DOC is to be there on the day of.  Does anyone have any suggestions for DOC's? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Day of Wedding Coordinator Suggestions

• Options
    Oh no, that sucks! You are totally right... having a DOC who won't be there on the day of the wedding, pretty much defeats the point. Are you looking for another DOC now? Can you get a refund of your deposit?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely getting a refund on the deposit, she doesn't really have a choice the contract I signed is for her to be there the day of the wedding.  I'm looking for a new coordinator but May is a super popular month for weddings so it's been difficult!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our DOC is Tawnee Gomez of Urban Shindigs by Tawnee. Our wedding is next July, so I can't give you a review of her services, but definitely check her out. She is an awesome chick with tons of event-planning and event-designing experience. Urban Shindigs is her own side business that she just started this year, so her prices are pretty affordable and she will work with you on pricing anyway. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'm definitely gonna check her out :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aww wow that sucks! I would totally recommend my planner if we weren't getting married on the same date! Where are you getting married?
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    We're getting married at La Jolla Cove Suites, how about you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm actually getting married at my Aunt's house in Valley Center. She has a really old oak tree on her property and we will have ceremony under it. We did our epics at La Jolla Cove, so beautiful there!
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Check out Julie Scrivener from The Best Wedding for You. She did an amazing job at my July wedding this past summer.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Try Becca at www.kissnmakeup4u.com.  Her and her husband are doing my day-of coordination, and they gave me a great deal.  Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards