California-San Diego

I'm finally married and now....VENDOR REVIEWS

Hey ladies, I got married two weeks ago and am finally getting down to do the very helpful "Vendor Reviews".  I was pretty happy overall and think my vendors were fantastic.  If you would like further information on any of the vendors below, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

I can happily say that my wedding day turned out to be exactly how I envisioned it.   Good luck brides and hope my reviews help you out!!

Venue:

Tom Ham's Lighthouse.  They were absolutely wonderful.  One of my vendors said they weren't as easy to deal with but they went above and beyond for my fiance and I.  The food was delicious, the servers were on it and Judy the venue Coordinator was responsive any time I emailed or called her.  Their prices were affordable, the view fantastic and overall, a great experience.  The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't clean the patio floor before I walked down the aisle (I had my ceremony there) and my dress suffered the consequences of a FILTHY floor.  Other than that, I recommend this venue.  B+
Florist:
Lotus Flower Shop:  Thomas is truly an ARTIST!  He is professional, punctual, honest and created beautiful centerpieces and bouquets.   People are still talking about my flowers!  They were simply breathtaking and oh, so fresh!!!  He is affordable, dependable and willl definetely be using him again and will be referring him to anyone that needs a florist.  If there is an E for Excellent on the grading scale, he'd get it, for now A++.
Cake:
Sumi's Oven.  Sumi created a gorgeous cake, perfectly moist and delicious.  She offered us two flavors:  Raspberry Barvarian and Carrot, they were both delicious.  Very affordable and much better than some of the other cakes out there.  Sumi was easy to work with and always responsive.  A+
DJ: 
DJ Vynce
rocked our party!  He played most of the music we requested on our playlist and not a single song that we had on our Do Not Playlist.  He kept things moving along and worked fabulously with our Coordinator.  When we decided to extend our party until 2 am, he happily agreed and stayed with us until the wee hours of the morning.  To our surprise, Vynce provided us with cd's from our dinner and reception.  I listen to them while I drive to work and relive some of those magical moments!  Vynce started up our party with his "Dance of the Decades" contest and everyone loved it!  It was a great way to start the dancing all while providing our guests with a few good laughs - it definetely set the mood for the remainder of the night.  If you are looking for a DJ, you want Vynce....fun, affordable and he definetely knows what he's doing!  A+
Coordinator:
Melanie Montoya from Something Blue Weddings.  Melanie was my Week of Coordinator.  She is the epitomy of sweet, smart, reliable, punctual, organized...you definetely want someone like that on your wedding day and during the process.  She, along with Vynce kept the party going, there was never a dull moment or a moment of "what's next!?"  She did all of the finishing touches on my reception tables, arranged the candy buffet, adorned sweetheart table, she did all this with great taste!  I didn't have to second guess anything or worry about walking into the reception room - I knew Melanie would have everything looking perfect and she did.   Melanie provided the stress-free wedding day every bride should have.  A++
Invitations:
Fresh Invitaiton Studio:
  And if I haven't yet raved enough about my Coordinator, let me tell you that she's also an invitation designer!  Melanie created gorgeous, colorful, fun and AFFORDABLE invitations.  She even loaned me her "bedazzler" which added further beauty to our invites.  Our invitations were affordable, unique and beautiful! A++
Officiant:  
It was hard to find a Bilingual officiant, it was crucial that I have my ceremony in both English and Spanish and Rev. Angel came recommended by one of my vendors.  He went above and beyond, worked with us on several ocassions all while constantly changing and adding to our script.  He even met w/ my Husband to practice going over his lines in Spanish!  He showed up to our rehearsal and ceremony on time and ready to do his job.  Rev. Angel offered my family and I a very personalized ceremomy that we'll always remember.  A++
Linens:
Irene at a A Perfect Table came highly recommended and she did not disapoint!  She literally has every color and every fabric you can imagine.  She is definetely more affordable than any of the other linen companies I looked at and even though we only met once (9 months before the wedding), she made everything look just the way we had discussed.  Her linens and chargers made the reception room look gorgeous.  Pick up and delivery was easy and they took care of all the set up.  A++

Bridal Dress (Brides and Bridesmaids)
Bridal and Veil in Mission Valley provided all of the dresses for Bride, Bridesmaids, MOH and MOB.  Our relationship with this store was a good one - initially...however, that soon changed as soon as we started picking up dresses and/or requested alterations.  Alterations cost you an arm and a leg here.  If you can go elsewhere for this service, do it.  Their alterations schedule is skewed and you may end up experiencing delays in setitng up appointments for fittings and pick ups.  Plus, they only steam dresses ONE DAY A WEEK which definetely becomes a problem in terms of picking up ... A week before the wedding, MOB had an AWFUL experience w/ her dress.  The alterations woman left it 2 inches too long and argued with her that "that was the style" and blamed my mother for not telling her how short she wanted it.  Bottom line is:  Floor length is floor length, 2 inches beyong floor length is not acceotable!!  Anyway, after arguing with the woman and the Boutique Owner, and telling them that picking up the dress on the morning of the wedding WAS NOT acceptable, we got her dress two days before the wedding.  It was like pulling teeth with these people!!!!  Nevermind the fact that MOB bought her dress a year and a half before the wedding so she wouldn't have to experience any delays.  Bridal and Veil has gorgeous gows at affordable prices but customer service is HORRIBLE with the exception of Ana Maria (Sales lady) and a few other women there.  I'll give them a low grade for all the trial and tribulations they made us go through in the end.  D.
Photography: 
Alex Oat Photography did our wedding and Engagement Session.  I still haven't received my wedding pictures because its only been 2 weeks since our wedding but if the engagement session is any indication of what our wedding pictures will look like, then I'm not worried.  Alex has THE eye!  She's an amazing, down to earth photographer who makes it easy and puts you at ease , makes you feel beautiful and special on your wedding day.  She was on time and had an assistant with her that was just as easy going and kept shooting every moment.  I cannot wait to see the pictures.  A+

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards