California-San Diego

Food Trucks

I recently found out that In-N-Out Burger has a catering truck that can be rented out for weddings and other events-- AWESOME! Buuuuut, the service is only available in LA and Orange County-- BUMMER.

Once I got over my disappointment, I thought I'd look into food trucks available for catering/rental in San Diego. It seems like a fun idea, and possibly cheaper than a formal sit down dinner or buffet. However, as I'm not currently in San Diego (my fiance and I live in Australia), I need some help finding food trucks.

Does anyone have a favorite food truck? It can be gourmet or street food; Mexican or sandwiches. We're not sure what menu we want at the reception just yet (we're in the very early stages of planning), so please suggest any favorites! 

Thank  you!
~~Please view my Etsy shop (I'm adding new wedding stationary designs!): http://www.etsy.com/artofsallymack~~

Re: Food Trucks

• Sushi Ninjas (sdsushininjas.com).  After I got over feeling odd about getting sushi from a food truck and tried them, I was pretty impressed.

Also, Rubios has a food truck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

One thing to remember: The wedding is just one day. The marriage is all the rest of them.

April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Cake Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • a friend of mine has a coffee truck and does amazing coffee, hot chocolate, iced drinks etc out of it. His name is David and his business is Joes on the Nose

He is in the loop with all the food truck people too and is a super nice guy. I'm sure he'd be helpful as far as which trucks have good food, are reliable business people etc.

Fun idea! Good luck :)
  • I love the food truck idea! I have experienced the In n' Out truck and it was amazing. Too bad they don't cater to San Diego! Try Googling "San Diego food truck festival". I just did and a few events popped up. The event pages usually have listings of all the trucks in attendance. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually work on the Sweet Treats truck and we do weddings all the time. in terms of actual food trucks, we are all a tight-knit little family and I know & work with most of them. Some of my faves are Tabe BBQ (super yummy korean bbq/mexican fusion tacos & burritos), Green Truck (AMAZING and healthy too!), Devilicious (So good, also was on the great food truck race this season), Super Q (great traditional bbq), and Two for the Road (classic meals with a fun twist). I could go on and on...
  • Thanks so much for the replies! I'll have to check a few of these out next time I visit. 

Sushi Ninjas could be a good choice, since I know there will be a few vegetarians/healthy eaters in the mix. I personally love Mexican food (as does my family), so Tabe BBQ could be a good option as well.
    ~~Please view my Etsy shop (I'm adding new wedding stationary designs!): http://www.etsy.com/artofsallymack~~
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Miho Gastrotruck

mihogastrotruck.com/

they are awesome!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards