California-San Diego

Need Officiant Recommendation

Hiya, I am looking for an Officiant for our wedding next year. We just met with someone and I learned that the Officiant is required by law to state the words "church" and "god" during the ceremony as that is how he is, i think its called- ordained? (I don't know the official terminology here). As I am not religious at all, I would find it personally offensive to mention these words at all during this important moment. Does anyone have a recommendation for a professional Officiant who is an Ex-judge or someone who could use the words "state" or "school" or etc?

Thnak you!
Nicole

Re: Need Officiant Recommendation

• edited December 2011
    We just booked Patricia Coleman and she is awesome and super flexible with wording. She did my friend's wedding last summer and there was definitely no mention of church or God. Good luck with your planning!

http://www.aweddingcelebration.com/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend these two:

Ceremonies by Bethel

and Deborah Young

I know they are both able to be flexible about their wording and are WONDERFUL people! I know a little bit more about Bethel's process and she really works closely with you to create a ceremony that is reflective of who you are as people. I don't know Patricia Coleman, but I do know Jennie (Hi Jennie!), and I would trust her recommendation as well. :)

Let us know how your search goes! :)
    Laura
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely second the recommendation to check out bethel!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure of his website, but you should check out Chris Tuttle, google him and he will come up.  Very unique, funny, and professional!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I just booked Patricia Coleman for our wedding on November 4th. We met her at the Prada and looked over ceremonies, special readings, etc. We ended up choosing a ceremony outline that isn't religious and still really beautiful. She was really nice and made it personal. I definitely recomend her!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our wedding date is 11/04/11

30 invited
    0 accepted!
    0 can't make it
    30 haven't responded yet...
    RSVP date 09/20/11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards