California-San Diego

Wedding/Ceremony Vendor

Hello-we are on a tight total budget of 20k for about 100-110 guests. We are trying to find an all-in-one venue for the ceremony and reception because there will be a lot of out of town guests attending. I have looked at what feels like a million places we can't afford already or are already booked for Oct. 2013. Any help would be great, thank you!!

Re: Wedding/Ceremony Vendor

• Look down a couple posts to the post labeled "vendor" there are some ideas there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got married at the Skybox at Diamondview Tower. It doesn't work well to do the ceremony and reception there especially for your guest size.

Have you looked into Wedgewood Fallbrook? A few of my friends have been married there. They are an awesome venue that gives you a good bang for your buck. A bit outside of San Diego but it's really beautiful:

I don't know about specifics of pricing for other venues.
  • Thanks, already checked those!
  • What do you mean by "all in one"? Do you want a venue that is all-inclusive or just somewhere you can have both the ceremony and reception? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, a place where we can have the ceremony and reception together. If we find a place that we love and people can stay there or right by there even better, otherwise we will be providing transportation. We went to Mt. Woodson Castle this weekend and I feel like I have emailed a million places so far. This Saturday we are going to Temcula to check out a few wineries.
  • The venue search can be so frustrating! I think I was ready to tear all of my hair out after a couple of weeks. Don't stress though - you will find the right place. We are working with a budget that is about half yours, with the same number of guests, and managed to find the perfect place for us. The wineries in Temecula are so beautiful! We wanted something "rustic" so we visited Falkner Winery. We really liked it, but in the end it was over our budget and we wanted something closer to San Diego. Best wishes on your search! Let us know what you find. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! What did you guys choose in the end?
  • Well, our ceremony and reception are in different spots, but - ceremony is at Sunset Cliffs and reception is at Marina Village. Marina Village does have ceremony spots, but we preferred the view at Sunset Cliffs. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards