California-San Diego

Need help!

So my fiancee and I were going to get married on our 5 year in january but now because of the military and unforseen circumstances we'll have to do it in Aug when he's done with tech school. Some family members are going to help me out financially (like my dress and catering) which is a great help but I'm having a hard time finding an afforable place to actually get married! I just want a nice outside place that's kind of private and doesn't cost more than my catering but that seems like an impossible task in San Diego (where we live) can anyone give me any sort of suggestions?? I'm going nuts!
Visit The Knot!

Re: Need help!

• edited December 2011
    Check out the Rose Creek Cottage
    http://www.rosecreekcottage.net

I have never been there but have friends who got married there a few years ago.  They loved it.  From what they said, it was intimate, beautful and afforable!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not really private, but the Wedding Bowl (cuvier park) in La jolla is on a cliff overlooking the ocean.  Go to San Diego Parks and Rec website and check it out.  There are many parks that you can use for a wedding ceremony.  Keep in mind, however, that in August it will be difficult to find something private.

Also, contact this reverend:  http://vowsfromtheheart.com/

He does "Military Mondays" and pulls together vendors to give military wedding ceremonies at a very low cost....
  • edited December 2011
    What are you looking to spend on a venue?
  • amarinelli1amarinelli1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married on Coronado South beach by Renate Daversa of abeautifulwedding.com.  She can recommend lots of resonably priced venues & she works very quickly. I believe Ren also offers a military discount.  Her website has a wealth of information on venues all over the SD area.

Renate Daversa at www.abeautifulwedding.com (rendaversa@gmail.com) Renate not only officiated our wedding ceremony, she also made all of our flowers & scheduled our photographer.  She is very easy to work with & let us personalize every aspect of of ceremony.  Renate suggested Coronado South beach for the ceremony & it was wonderful.  In each picture I've seen so far, there are no random strangers walking through so it was rather private for a public beach.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the military sites. If I remember correctly, there isn't a separate cost for the facility, it's covered by the catering price. (don't quote me, it's been a while since we looked at them as possible venues) http://www.sdbg.com/
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance's friends were married at Kate Sessions park in PB in 2009. It was beautiful, a great view and a ton of open space. Its on a hill, so you can overlook the whole city. I honestly can't say how much they spent but it they had a ton of people and it was really fun. You will have to get a temporary liquor license, but that shouldn't be too hard. Also, if you're inviting kids its a great place because they can run around without interferring without playing around your tables, etc.

I also agree with the wedding bowl in La Jolla. Its a beautiful location. My fiance and I will be taking engagement photos there soon. You have the cliffs, the flowers, the view, its just beautiful!

Good Luck!
    Anniversary
  • LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the MCRD Bayview Restaurant. The ceremony is set up with beautiful views of the water there and the catering is very reasonably priced. I'm a wedding photographer as well as a bride so I've worked there quite a bit. It's really pretty and Susan, the catering manager there is super helpful! Make sure to ask all the vendors you meet with about a military discount. I don't know any who don't offer them but often times you need to mention it. :)

Here's a link to a blog post from a wedding I photographed there last year:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards