California-San Diego
Options

Affordable Reception venues in San Diego?

I am looking for affordable places to hold a reception. Open to parks and beaches. Any suggestions?

Much like most of us, my fiance and I are on a tight budget. We have looked into a few places, but have not had any luck with the "perfect" place. We are looking to hold a small reception for about 50 people.

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Re: Affordable Reception venues in San Diego?

• Options
    What area of San Diego are you interested in, and where is your ceremony at? 

Have you looked at Marina Village? They have a variety of rooms at great prices and they let you bring in all of your own vendors so you can cost-control to a degree. FI and I are also on a tight budget, and we found that this place works well for us. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Old Poway Park Templars Hall.

This is where I am having my reception. Its a cute little hall, over 100 years old. Beautiful scenery. It fits about 80 ppl banquet style. I have 80 guests, and it leaves about a 10X13 splace for dancing. Its a little snug for the amount of guests that I have, but it still works. for 50 it would be better. Costs about $75/hour to rent this hall. Comes with tables and chairs (although chairs are black folding chairs so you may still want to rent those). Hope that helps!
    Stephanie S.
  • Options
    My fiance and I are also looking at doing our reception at a park for almost 200 guests! Yikes! I recommend sdparks.org. It's San Diego County parks, and they have a LOT of options, and are so affordable compared to renting a space. The park we are going to check out this weekend is 450 for the ceremony and reception. You can't beat that!
  • Options
    The big thing you should keep in mind about having your reception in a city or county-owned park is the cost of rentals. It may be cheap to obtain a permit or rent the space by the hour, but you will also have to rent tables, chairs, dance floor, etc. Not to mention heaters if the weather is going to be cooler... and definitely a tent in any case. What will you do if it starts to rain, or its really windy, or really hot and the sun is beating down on your guests? You need to have a backup plan in case of bad weather or you're SOL. FI and I considered a park reception, but when I discovered the cost of tent rentals, I nixed that idea really quickly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you very much for the great feedback and suggestions! My FI and I decided to reserve our Ceremony at Cuvier Park in La Jolla. Back-up plans are definately in the works! Now, we have to find a spot for our reception. :)
  • Options
    Hi Cicipurp,

We are also thinking of getting married at Cuvier Park. What did you decide for a weather back up?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards